Industry: Human Resource
Job type: Full Time
Location: Canberra, ACT
Contract length: 6 Month Contract with an extension option
Hourly Rate: Negotiable
Essential: Australian Citizenship, Baseline Security Clearance
This Commonwealth Government Department is seeking 3 x APS 6 Legal Policy Officers to join their team in Parkes, ACT on an initial 6-month contract. The Policy Branch is looking for skilled Policy Officers to join their Levies Legislation Section to assist in streamlining and modernising current frameworks. The section also provides policy advice on the levy system and works closely with the department’s Policy Divisions, Legal Division and the Finance and Business Support Division
The duties of these roles would include but are not limited to:
- Preparing drafting instructions of the Office of Parliamentary Council to prepare the new legislative framework
- Preparing draft reports and policy discussion papers for review
- Review existing legislation, regulation, and historical levies policies to shape the new legislative framework
- Liaising with other policy, regulatory and operational areas in the department
- Developing legislative proposals, legislative instruments and drafting instructions.
We are seeking candidates who are experienced in legal policy and/or legislative reform, researching and analysing key legal policy issues and knowledge or understanding of the strategic, political, and operational environment in which it works.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and capabilities:
- Ability to provide expert advice on complex areas of legal policy to the team leader and executive.
- Managing competing priorities and strategic directions while achieving team outcomes in line with the department’s goals and objectives.
- Working with a focus on research, analysis, and good judgement to manage complex issues.
- Experience working in a legal policy/legislative reform role including research, preparing drafting instructions, policy papers, briefing material and analytical reporting would be an advantage.
About First Grade Recruitment
We are one of Australia’s leading Indigenous owned and Supply Nation certified consultancies, with long-standing clients across Federal, State and Local Government and the Private Sector.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures and backgrounds.
If successful you will be well rewarded with an attractive hourly rate, the opportunity to work with a forward thinking and progressive team and access to flexible payroll packaging arrangements.
For more information, or to be considered for one of the roles, please send a copy of an up-to-date CV to Josh at First Grade on
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales