Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Part Time
- Part-time, Fixed-term contract (with potential for ongoing work)
- Based at Holden Hill
- 30 hours per fortnight, with potential to work up to 76 hours per fortnight.
- Provide guidance and assist us to effectively respond to the cultural needs of Aboriginal Customers
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated person to assist us to effectively respond to the cultural needs of Aboriginal Customers. The person we are looking for will be able to provide cultural guidance to staff as required, and facilitate integrated responses that support successful customer outcomes.
You will drive a customer focused approach across all areas of the program, ensuring a responsive service, in accordance with AnglicareSA Customer First Principles that drives a customer focused service model with achievable customer outcomes
What can you expect to be doing?
- Provide cultural advice and specialist expertise, in developing responses to customer support needs.
- Assess the quality of practice being provided by the Exceptional Needs program in meeting the cultural needs of Aboriginal customer’s and provide recommendations to line managers on service and practice reforms.
- Work alongside Exceptional Needs staff to provide cultural guidance in relation to engaging Aboriginal customers to promote culturally appropriate and respectful responses.
- Increase Aboriginal access to the Exceptional Needs program through engaging with relevant stakeholders, including Aboriginal service providers, individuals and families.
What do you need to bring?
- Certificate IV in Community Services, Disability or Mental Health OR Diploma in Disability or equivalent lived and worked experience is essential
- First Aid certificate is essential
- A strong commitment to customer service, a consultative approach and excellent communication skills to relate and to meet the needs of a diverse customer group in particular Aboriginal customers and their families.
- You will have the ability to work from a strengths-based perspective when engaging customers to engage in services that are relevant and useful to the customers support needs and goals.
In accordance with AnglicareSA’s Aboriginal Employment Strategy and pursuant to s. 65 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 SA, and s. 8 of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975, applications are invited from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only.
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What we offer:
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving lives by working collaboratively
How to Apply:
When submitting an application, please attach your resume and a cover letter addressing the demonstrable requirements/competencies.
View the job description via the vacancy’s application page on the AnglicareSA website for the full role requirements.
For further information please contact Jack Leyonhjelm at
Applications close Wednesday 1 September 2021
AnglicareSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage all suitably qualified candidates apply.
We are committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact the person above to discuss joining AnglicareSA and visit our website for details on our Aboriginal Services.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales