Update day: 28-09-2023
Job type: Part Time
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
ALDI offer a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. Where else can you walk into a supermarket wanting to buy bread and milk and walk out with a trombone?
Luckily, to be a Retail Assistant at ALDI you don’t need to be an expert trombone player. You will need to love to keep active and busy because our Retail Assistant role is so much more than sitting at a register. As a Retail Assistant at ALDI you’ll be operating machinery, filling shelves, cleaning, checking product quality and tidying special buys. You don’t need to be the Hulk, but the role is physical in nature, so you’ll need to enjoy hands-on work!
Our shifts can start as early as 6am and finish as late as 10pm, so it’s important that you have access to reliable transport to get to and from work safely. Being available to work any 5 out of 7 days is also something we are looking for. It’s great if you have prior retail experience, but we are also keen to hear from people from a range of different industries like healthcare, fast food, administration, manufacturing, logistics or even child care. Regardless of what industry you come from a positive attitude, a hardworking spirit and the willingness to learn are what we are really looking for.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $25.75 per hour+penalties*
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive training and development
- Part-time contract with an average of 20 hours per week
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly, passionate and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring shelves are fully stocked with products
- Cleaning and maintaining store standards
- Operating manual pallet moving equipment
- Merchandising stock storewide
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Operating registers and calculating change manually
If you’re still reading and like what you see, go and put your application in with ALDI! (When you’re done with your trombone lesson of course)
Here at ALDI we understand COVID-19 has changed the way we work and the safety of our employees is our number one priority. We have taken extensive measures to keep our workers safe:
- Comprehensive COVID safe plans that are regularly reviewed
- Protective screens installed at every single register
- Appropriate PPE, cleaning and hygiene equipment available for all team members
- Introduction of employee benefits such as paid isolation leave
As an authorised worker you will be part of an environment which operates to the highest standards of COVID safety. Our facilities have strict standards of hygiene, social distancing and COVID-safe practices.
Please note: you will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
*Hourly rate for Retail Assistants over 18 years of age.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales