Category: Restaurant / Hotel / Tourism
Job type: Full Time
Looking to join a great team...get in touch!
The Garden Bar & Kitchen is a waterfront restaurant and events venue, with exceptional views, great food and excellent service. We are looking for a first or second year apprentice chef to join our dynamic team, someone with a passion for working in a hospitality, a strong team player & reliable.
You must have an enthusiastic and positive approach to the role. You will be supported by a team with a wide range of experience and knowledge.
You must be willing fulfil your obligations as an apprentice chef.
This is a hands-on position, learning to be competent in all areas of cooking and cleaning, maintaining a high level of Food Hygiene Standards & HACCP controls.
Summary of Responsibilities
Take direct responsibility for the preparation and presentation of food, consistent with food safety standards and The Garden Bar & Kitchen guidelines.
This role reports to the Head Chef and to the business owners.
Develop and bring to life The Garden Bar & Kitchens food service
- Liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager on all matters relating to the business
- Competently organize food preparation as instructed
- Maintain fridges – keep clean, organized and products dated
- Maintain dry store area – keep clean, organized and clearly labelled
- Maintain fridge freezer temperature checklist
- Maintain kitchen equipment cleaning schedule
- Communicate with Chefs regarding stock
- Complete Apprentice Chef Course work as required
- Provide regular input on menu items, specials
- Be able to take direction when required from other Managers / Supervisors / Chefs
- Ensure all communications between bar and kitchen run smoothly and with respect
- Demonstrate a creative flair with food
Develop and implement The Garden Bar & Kitchens food safety program
- Preparation and service of food to Food Hygiene Standards
- Ensure proper stock rotation in all food storage areas
- Maintain all work areas in accordance with Food Hygiene Standards
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule for kitchens and storage areas
- Manage delivery and storage of goods
Manage food service costs
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared to the correct recipe and quantity
- Record all wastage and breakages
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales