Category: Administrative / Clerical / Assistant
Job type: Temporary
Salary: $30 - $35/hr
Your new company
Hays is proud to partner with the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) in preparation for the next Federal Election.
Your new role
As an Administration Assistant, you will be required to help complete the significant volume of work required in maintaining an accurate electoral roll and to plan and deliver electoral events. This work includes administration, data entry, planning, office support and public engagement tasks.
This opportunity is open to entry level and candidates will minimal experience who can display the ability to thrive in fast paced work environments.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Customer service skills, with the ability to be friendly and helpful to internal AEC staff, members of the public, and other external stakeholders
- Ability to complete data entry and administrative tasks, with good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and cooperate with others to complete tasks and minor projects
- Organisational skills, with the ability to plan your work activities and manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to carefully follow established processes and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to respond to emails from a variety of customers and stakeholders
- Basic computer literacy with experience in using MS office programs; any MS excel proficiency will be highly regarded
Due to the nature of this role, to be eligible for this position applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- be able to obtain and maintain a Police Check
- be able to sign a Political Neutrality Statement
- be able to provide contact details of two referees, including a current supervisor.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Should you wish to contact our team directly, please contact me via
Following a successful application, you will be required to complete a range of on-boarding requirements to ensure you are “Election Ready”. From here, contact will occur as needed until the election is officially called.
Please note, due to the large number of positions and applications expected for this process, feedback may not be provided to candidates.
The advertised position has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement mandated by Hays’ client for health and safety reasons. As such Hays will need to request proof of vaccination status as part of the recruitment process for this position.
LHS 297508 #2596133
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales