Category: Mechanical / Technical
Job type: Full Time
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate metro, train, bus, ferry, light rail, road and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the Team
The Regional and Outer Metropolitan division is focused on understanding the particular needs of regional communities across NSW and delivering customer-centred integrated transport services and infrastructure.
The Network and Assets Branch are the Custodian of the regional road and rail network. They manage the assets to deliver safe, sustainable and integrated services to regional communities.
The role manages the development and delivery of road, pavement and corridor infrastructure programs to maximise asset and safety performance within a geographical area.
Be part of a team to deliver the greatest impact!
The Area Maintenance Manager contributes towards the following day to day responsibilities:
- Acting as the ‘Client’s Representative’ and primary decision-maker on all delegated projects on the State road network
- Preparing detailed project briefs for asphalt and pavement rehabilitation projects and developing concepts for drainage, slope stability and other road corridor works.
- Assisting with the development of the forward maintenance and safety programs, for road, pavement and corridor infrastructure through the interpretation of asset inventory, condition, history, treatment options, cost, road safety and other relevant information
- Ensuring the maintenance programs are delivered in accordance with TfNSW safety, standards and environmental management requirements
- Providing high-level technical advice on the design and evaluation of road, pavements and corridor projects ensuring consistency and a whole of life approach to asset management across the Region
- Providing information and support for Ministerial and customer inquiries regarding maintenance and other related issues
- It is essential you have a strong road, pavement, drainage and corridor maintenance background as well as demonstrated experience in the management, development and delivery of road safety, rehabilitation, and construction projects
- Highly desirable if you have experience in pavement design and familiarity with slope stability programs of work
- The ability to be resilient, work well under pressure, and proven ability to manage work priorities and complete concurrent tasks.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge and experience in the technical aspects of materials and equipment
- Strong experience in the management of quality, WHS, risk and environmental management.
- A four-year engineering degree qualification from an Australian University or equivalent overseas qualification.
- Possess a valid Australian driver’s licence and be willing to work outside regular working hours and travel on occasion.
- Highly desirable if you live within Wagga Wagga and the surrounding area
The position is centrally based in Wagga Wagga. Wagga Wagga is a vibrant regional centre on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River in the heart of the Riverina. With four distinct seasons, there’s always something new to explore with gorgeous gardens, parks and fascinating heritage.
This role will require you to be office and site based to meet the business operational needs. Flexible working arrangements are negotiable.
If this sounds like the new opportunity you have been looking for and want be a part of something big. Apply today to register your interest!
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
Right now is an exciting time to join our team as we are delivering the largest infrastructure program Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Salary and Benefits
- Area Maintenance Manager Engineer Level 3 $128,012 - $139,896 - per annum plus superannuation and leave loading – permanent position
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
Please quote requisition number: 17861
Applications Close: Friday, 11:59pm – 06 August 2021
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email at Divya Loona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us ?
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales