Category: Mechanical / Technical
Job type: Permanent
Your new company
The national civil contractor is seeking an experienced Area Manager to join their team and work on a $400M project in Cairns. Having operated in Australia for over 30 years, you will contribute to their landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best. They will provide you with the experience and strong relationships of a Tier 2 but expertise of a Tier 1.
Your new role
As an area manager your primary purpose will be to coordinate construction engineering functions for an allocated project discipline to achieve project time and budget objectives. You will:
- Provide engineering advice and services with respect to efficient techniques, methods, and materials to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and control engineering and technical activities and identify site infrastructure needs including temporary works and infrastructure.
- Monitor team look-ahead programs and ensure they align with the main program.
- Monitor productivity and ensure culture of innovations to achieve continuous improvement.
- Model appropriate environmental behaviours and contribute to the project’s environmental and cultural heritage culture and attitude.
- Lead the cost management for the area including tracking cost expenditure and productivities implementing appropriate actions where needed.
- Establish cooperative working relationships with the client, suppliers, and other employees.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to be successful within this role you must be a tertiary qualified Civil Engineer or equivalent. The candidate must also have significant experience delivering civil infrastructure construction projects for State authorities. Alongside:
- Knowledge of head and subcontract agreements.
- Thorough understanding of client specifications and ability to produce ITPs for specific trades.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage a budget and forecasts.
- Ability to formulate and prepare variations.
- Exposure to preparation of contractual claims
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
What you’ll get in return
This is a great opportunity where you will be imperative to the success of the project and be provided with endless opportunities, including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please forward an updated copy of your CV to Anoop Barring on or call to have a confidential discussion on (07) 4771 5100.
LHS 297508 #2571614
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales