Update day: 26-04-2022
Job type: Full Time
Salary: $80k - $110k
Education: Vocational or Certificates
Our client is an industry-leading, renowned general insurer, offering specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products across key international locations with close to 2,000 employees in approximately 60 offices around the world, servicing close to 25,000 of Asia Pacific’s most significant business and government.
As an Assistant Underwriter you will develop functional knowledge and skills to contribute to the growth and profitability through pre-underwriting, marketing, and managing of products and services in support of your Senior Underwriters.
You will be assisting on complex risks valued at $500K-1M GWP within the Oil & Gas sector across AsiaPac. Despite your Assistant title, you will gain exposure to clients incomparable to other Underwriting roles within the market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing and sale and training of Company brand and products.
- Assisting the underwriting team in the process of reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business.
- Developing selling and negotiation strategies to ensure contribution to the profitability of assigned specialty.
- Reviewing and negotiating policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Participating in the execution of marketing plans.
- Debtor management and follow ups.
The successful Candidate
This role is open to those professionals looking to propel their career forward, working with industry-leading technical underwriters within the Oil & Gas sector across Liability lines.
- 3+ years experience within General Insurance; Underwriting, Broking or Claims
- Experience within general liability or financial lines desired, not essential
- Ability to work autonomously and with a small, close-knit team
- Collaborative nature and a team player attitude
- Analytical thinker with a high level of integrity & attention to detail
The Culture & Benefits
We love working with this client due to the strength of their market brand, their commitment to internally developing their staff’s technical ability, their flexibility offerings and their reputation for being a leading provider for complex risk placement along with offering a competitive market salary 10% above average.
How to Apply
If you’re committed to expanding your exposure with this leading underwriting team, drop us an application today and a member of the team will be in touch. Or, for a confidential discussion and career advice, please contact Insurance Partner, Ellis Hale, on 0487 309 729 /
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales