Category: Accounting / Auditing
Job type: Full Time
Associate Director- Accountant for Treasury Finance – Crown
- Be a driving force in ensuring statutory reporting requirements are met
- Make a difference to the people of NSW
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the financial operations and decision making of the Crown
As the NSW Government’s principal financial and economic adviser, Treasury’s role is to enable the Government to deliver its promise to support the people of New South Wales (NSW), and look to 2021 with renewed ambition to forge a brighter future in a prosperous and confident post-pandemic economy.
As part of our vision to become a World Class Treasury, we believe Treasury has a primary role in supporting and investing in our key partners (service delivery clusters).
Our responsibility includes lifting financial management capability and culture across the sector and supporting the NSW Treasurer’s priorities: economic growth, achieving fiscal repair and delivering economic reform, working swiftly to produce implementation plans for each priority.
Visit the NSW Treasury website for further information about our structure and functions: https://www.treasury.nsw.gov.au/about-treasury/about-nsw-treasury
About the team and the role
The Financial & Operations Group delivers services to Treasury across a range of corporate areas including finance and administration, project management, corporate planning, and risk management.
The Financial & Operations Group provides leadership for strategies, structures and tools that promote a high-performance culture and a capable, change-ready workforce.
Your role includes managing all aspects of Finance for the Crown including both management and financial accounting. In this role you will also ensure statutory reporting requirements are met and deliver on governance & risk monitoring requirements. The Crown collects state taxation, Commonwealth contributions and undertakes financial distributions with certain NSW agencies.
- Tertiary qualifications including postgraduate qualifications in finance, accounting, business management or demonstrated, equivalent, relevant professional experience and training
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills and project management capabilities
- CAANZ or CPA qualified and membership
- Substantial experience in financial management disciplines and managing teams through change
- Demonstrated ability to exercise leadership and influence dealings with external stakeholders
- Extensive skills and experience in management accounting including budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and financial statutory reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and work collaboratively to complete team deliverables
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced Excel skills
- High level interpersonal skills: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all stakeholders
Clickhere for the role description
A talent pool may be created through this recruitment process. A talent pool represents a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.
How to apply
Your application should include:
- Cover letter of no more than two pages
- An up-to-date resume that details your knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the role
Contact in Confidence: Selen Kilic
Closing Date: 9:59am Monday 13th September
To be eligible to apply for ongoing employment within the NSW Treasury, candidates must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check and provide confirmation of academic qualifications prior to commencement.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Flexibility
At NSW Treasury, we are committed to building a respectful workplace, appointing the best person for the role, and supporting diversity across all areas. We are on a journey to become more inclusive.
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales