Update day: 28-09-2023
Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Full Time
- Unique environment with a real opportunity to make a difference
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Full-time permanent vacancy with great professional development opportunities
Correct Care Australasia is Australia’s largest correctional healthcare provider, operating across all of Victoria’s fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide ’Healthcare Without Judgement’, is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and vulnerable patient group.
Our facility at the Melbourne Assessment Prison (MAP)is looking for a full-time Associate Health Services Manager (ANUM equivalent) to support our passionate and driven team. Working with this patient group is rewarding as the healthcare you provide can have a positive impact for a lifetime.
As the centre operates 24X7, Monday to Sunday, the successful candidate will be expected to work off a rotating roster 7 days a week- both a mix of AM & PM shifts comprising of 8, 10 and 12 hours.
The AHSM is responsible for providing primary health care services and recognised as a clinical leader within the team. You will have oversight of the daily operations of the medical centre and will demonstrate clinical expertise to provide guidance, direction and supervision, to the primary care team at MelbourneAssessment Prison (MAP). This role will be supporting the Health Service Manager in overall effectiveness and management of the clinical environment. Working with this patient group is rewarding as the healthcare you provide can have a positive impact for a lifetime.
Essential experience and attributes include the following selection criteria:
- Registered General Nurse qualification
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Recent nursing experience in a senior clinical role
- Demonstrated ability to clinically lead a successful team in a primary healthcare setting
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to assist and support the implementation of quality and change management initiatives and clinical projects
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills
Why Correct Care?
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all
- Working with a great team
- Having adequate resources to do the job well
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population
- Working in a custodial environment which is interesting and challenging
If you have recent leadership experience in a senior clinical nursing position and a post graduate qualification in Nursing, we would love to hear from you!
Click apply now!
To obtain a copy of the position description please email For further information about this role contact Cybelle Santos - Health Services Manager on (03) 9321 4247. (Monday to Thursday)
Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.correctcare.com.au to see a full list of available positions and submit an application online.
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales