Category: Education / Training
Job type: Part Time
Salary: $40k - $70k
Childcare Lead Educators
- Succession Planning - Is your dream to become a Centre Manager? We will get you there
- Lead Educator Network - Be supported, heard and connected through our regular Lead Educator meetings and network opportunities.
- Leadership Training - Be valued as a leader, be supported on your leadership journey.
- Financial Benefits -Gain access to generous childcare discounts, referral programmes and more
- Paid Annual Volunteer Day – Giving you something that gives back
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure, and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we have developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
We have multiple roles available for inspired and passionate Childcare Lead Educators to join our community.
To learn more about our centres, go to www.journey.edu.au
About Your New Role:
As our new Lead Educator, it is your role to work as a team member and assist in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, educational and physical needs of the children and encourages parent participation and to generally assist in the functioning of the centre.
You will be required to work within the team, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs, for all children.
We are inspired by each of our Lead Educators and value their input, connectiveness and knowledge. Journey offer networking opportunities for our Lead Educators to stay connected, to transfer knowledge and to build strong relationships across our centres.
Your main duties will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Ensuring that daily routines are planned, reviewed, and adapted to meet children’s needs to ensure they create the opportunity for interaction and the extension of children’s learning.
- Providing high quality programmes for each child, based on their interests.
- Conduct regular observations on individuals and groups of children reflective of all areas of their development.
- Gathering information from written observations to support the design of a child-led program.
- Build trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their child.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or, working towards
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales