Category: Education / Training
Job type: Casual/Holiday
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government’s priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of TAFE NSW Tourism & Hospitality Team. TAFE NSWis seekingexperienced Class Preparation Assistantsto join our team on acasual basis.These opportunies are available at Coffs Harbour Educational Campus.
The Class Preparation Assistant is responsible forproviding high-level customer support to educational staff within Tourism and Hospitality teaching sections.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Are able to maintain up to date knowledge and applying regulations relating to food safety and hygiene.
- Enjoy a diverse range of tasks in an environment of conflicting demands and time frames.
- Can exercise judgement and initiative in determining the best way to respond to customer needs within the required time frame.
Reporting to the Head Teacher Tourism & Hospitality, this position:
- Receives, prepares and returns commodities, consumables, and equipment for class use.
- Maintains hygiene and food safety standards of relevant areas and equipment, as required, using HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) principles.
- Maintains a high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping during and after classes (including laundry and washing up)
- Maintains par stock, equipment levels and quality control of goods in kitchen, cool rooms, freezers and dry store areas to ensure supplies are adequate to meet demand.
- Receives goods and returning and securing produce surplus to class requirements as required.
- Ensures the security of Tourism and Hospitality teaching sections in rostered areas of duty.
If you have…
- Certificate II in relevant discipline or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Sound knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles and safe work practices
- Current Responsible Services of Alcohol Certification and Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant consumables and equipment.
... We would love to hear from you!
How to Apply:
For your application to be considered you are required to;
- Attach and update resume (in PDF format)
- Provide contact details of 2 referees
- Click ‘Apply Now’ where you are required to address prescreening questions in support of your application.
Closing date: Tuesday 17 August 2021, 11:59pm
To learn more about this position please review the Position Description and Information Package
Job Specific Enquiries please contact Gill Robson, Head Teacher on 02 6659 3138.
Recruitment Enquiries – Joanne Albronda, Talent Acquisition Advisor via email
Selection Criteria forms a specific part of the selection process. Candidates for this role are required to address each of these items specifically in their application.
If you experience difficulties whilst submitting your application online at JobsNSW please contact the support team on 1800 562 679.
This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website.
For most Temporary jobs, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need in the interview process and on the job. For assistance please contact Joanne Albronda at
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales