Category: Health / Medical Care
Industry: Health Care Providers & Services
Job type: Full Time
Join the team at a state-of-the-art hospital in a location that offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city
- Indicative salary package up to $456,537 p.a.
- State-of-the-art hospital in a sunny coastal location
- Only a short drive to the stunning Whitsunday Islands
This health service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services. It provides extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings, to a population of around 180,000 people.
The redeveloped Base Hospital has 236 beds and is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have the complete integrated electronic medical record. The hospital provides specialist services in obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology, oncology and cardiac and many other specialty areas.
- The Consultant General Surgeon provides and maintains efficient, effective and equitable surgical services within the health service.
- You will provide a high standard of surgical care to patients. This includes provision of acute in-patient and outpatient care, participation in the 24 hour on-call roster and other duties as determined by the Director of Surgery.
- Undertake teaching and educational initiatives and responsibilities within the Department of Surgery.
- Appropriate development of general surgical expertise of surgical trainees to RACS standards, resident medical staff and medical students and to be involved in the overall education, evaluation and feedback of performance of these three categories.
- You will cooperate as necessary with other departments and outside agencies to ensure that the Department of Surgery integrates effectively within the hospital, community health service, and the wider community.
- You will advise on surgical services as required, ensuring co-ordinated provision of care delivery by all staff within the department.
- Competitive remuneration package up to $456,537 p.a
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Live in a stunning coastal region in tropical Queensland with 270 sunny days a year, from 30 degrees in summer to 21 degrees in winter
- This city offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city
- Fellowship or eligibility for Fellowship via the substantial comparability pathway of the Royal Australian and College of Surgeons (RACS).
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales