Update day: 29-12-2021
Category: Production / Operation
Job type: Full Time
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Continuous Improvement Specialist MSRDC
- Lead the team on the journey from grassroots to best in network
- Join our fully automated 24/7 Distribution Centre
- Dandenong South Location
This role sits within the operations team and will work across all areas of the site to identify, develop, coach, mentor and champion best practice Continuous Improvement methodologies to create a culture of safety, efficiency, quality and customer first focus. With responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Support, facilitate and enable the site to deliver Continuous Improvement (CI) projects
- Identify CI Projects (DMAIC & POC) alongside operational team members
- Assess and review to establish project prioritisation and gain appropriate approval
- Support CI Projects through embedding new tools, processes and business standards during coaching sessions with teams
- Support and Encourage a platform that encourages inter-team relationships to enable best practice learnings.
- Embed a mindset of being customer-centric in line with C1C Program
- Develop a culture of shop floor suggestions with a process of sustainability in-place.
- Create and own the CI project register.
- Partner with and drive operational teams to continually improve operations / service and reduce costs whilst meeting organisational objectives.
- Mapping of existing processes to streamline and identify improvement opportunities.
- Managing CI projects to ensure that they are on time within budget and achieving targets.
Who we’re looking for
Together with demonstrated experience in a Supply Chain or Manufacturing environment, and a Continuous improvement mindset you will bring to the table the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience implementing Six Sigma / LEAN / 5s principles in large-scale manufacturing, supply chains or distribution centres.
- Qualification or broad experience on Process Improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma Black / Green Belt qualification or TPM: Total performance management) is desirable.
- Proven experience of working with the shopfloor team to tease out and support CI activity
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrate proven experience in leading CI activity from grassroots into BAU
- Exceptional influencing, partnership and stakeholder engagement skills
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations processes and ability to improve key metrics.
- Proficient in CI tools such as 8 Wastes, 5S, RCA, 5 Whys, Fishbone, A3, VSM, Visual Factory.
- Proficient in computer skills to run data analysis, create reports, graphs, charts, presentations, training packages
- Experience in managing multiple projects at any one time
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn #LI or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania