Update day: 27-09-2023
Category: Information Technology
Job type: Full Time
About the Company
Our client is working with critical infrastructure owners and operators to understand and uplift their cyber security. The work will be informed and supported by the ongoing technical cyber security advice and guidance.
There is an expectation that successful candidates will work 5 days per week (estimated 40-hour week). On boarding is in Canberra, noting there is be a requirement for short term occasional travel within Australia.
The role is full time onsite in their Canberra offices only.
About the Role
The Cyber Security Assessor conducts independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
The Cyber Security Assessor’s major responsibilities include:
- Develop security compliance processes and/or audits for external services,
- Assess the effectiveness of security controls,
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the risk management strategy,
- Verify that application software/network/ system security postures are implemented as stated, document deviations, and recommend required actions to correct those deviations, and
- Participate in Risk Governance processes to provide security risk, mitigations and input on other technical risk.
You will have (Weighting %)
- Demonstrated understanding in current industry methods for evaluating, implementing and disseminating information technology (IT) security assessment, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilising standards-based concepts and capabilities. 30%
- Experienced in the development of security compliance processes/ and or audits of external services. 20%
- Experienced in performing security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the risk management strategy. 20%
- Experienced in assessing the effectiveness of security controls. 10%
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data. 10%
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. 10%
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 237808
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales