Category: Information Technology
Job type: Full Time
Cyber Security Officer
- Ongoing/Permanent position
- Clerk grade 5/6
- Sydney location
About the Role
Cyber Security NSW is looking for a Cyber Security Officer to join their team. This entry level role is a great opportunity for candidates seeking to develop their administrative skills and work across various work streams in cyber security.
Reporting to the Manager in the Governance, Risk and Compliance team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the review and development of responses on cyber security issues within relevant strategies, programs, and policies across NSW Government
- Supporting the cyber security maturity assurance reviews of all agencies across NSW Government
- Researching and analysing emerging issues, risks and opportunities impacting cyber security within NSW government and nationally to assist with the development of timely and relevant advice
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to help produce correspondence, briefings, presentations, workshops and documents (e.g. guidance and templates) relating to whole-of-government initiatives.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including being able to communicate
- An ability to think critically and apply problem solving skills to complex challenges
- An ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects within defined timeframes and in an environment of conflicting and changing priorities
- Interest in cyber security with an ability to quickly develop this knowledge
- The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance and willingness to undergo a police check.
About Cyber Security NSW
Cyber Security NSW is a whole-of-government function located within Digital.NSW in the Department of Customer Service. We are responsible for ensuring a cyber safe NSW. The protection of our systems and digital information is important because of the many essential services NSW Government provides including health, emergency services, and transport. Furthermore, the exciting digital transformation being undertaken across NSW Government requires similarly enhanced cyber capabilities.
At the centre of this exciting and growing cyber capability, Cyber Security NSW is working across NSW Government to:
- Create a whole-of-government integrated approach to managing cyber risk and responding to cyber security threats
- Increase cyber skills and awareness
- Understand the risks from cyber threats to our digital information and systems
- Set cyber security standards
- Ensure we know how to respond if a damaging cyber incident occurs
Salary Grade 5/6, with the base salary for this role startingat $87,493 base plus superannuation
Click Here to access the Role Description. For enquiries relating to recruitment pleasecontact Amy Vierboom via
Employment in these roles may require COVID Vaccination based on WHS risk assessment outcomes
Closing Date: Monday 6th December 2021 @ 10:59am
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fullyfocused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making usdifferent and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusiveworkplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible workand workplace adjustment.
If you dorequire an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on yourapplication form.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales