Category: Agriculture / Forestry / Fishery
Job type: Part Time
Western Dairy, a part of Dairy Australia, in partnership with Western Australia’s South Regional TAFE (SRTAFE) identified an opportunity to embed nationally accredited dairy training into the Western Dairy Regional Development Program. In 2017, Western Dairy developed the position of Dairy Training Officer to help facilitate a quality dairy training service that is fully aligned with national and state priorities and integrated with Western Dairy extension efforts.
This role was developed to meet the training needs of all WA dairy farm businesses in WA’s south west and oversees the delivery of a trainee package through AHC30216 Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production); and AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture. The goal of the program is to create more interest in dairy careers and to help participating host farms to mentor trainees, ultimately improving our industry’s reputation as an employer of choice.
The successful applicant for this role will ensure that the approach, recruitment and delivery of this trainee package is executed with a degree of dairy knowledge; and that they are respected by dairy business owners.
Successful candidates will ensure that the quality of and demand for dairy training and delivery of these traineeships will remain high at a time when WA dairy farmers have prioritised the importance of developing and retaining quality staff, which includes a culture of on-going training.
The successful applicant will provide ongoing support to those undergoing the Dairy traineeship and their employers to ensure that both parties experience positive outcomes.
The successful applicant will work with the Western Dairy team and SRTAFE to:
- Market and promote the training
- Develop training information and issue of information to prospective learners.
- Manage student records
- Record participation and enter results
- Gather client feedback to ensure continuous improvement
It is essential that the applicant has qualifications and experience in:
- Dairy farming or agriculture in general
- Training qualifications including current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or be willing to get one)
- Current industry skills—relevant to the dairy industry
The successful candidate will need:
- To be compassionate, have an ability to listen, have a personality that can relate to young people and have empathy for the dairy industry and the issues it faces in WA;
- Coordinate and deliver agreed extension activities;
- Participate in on-going farmer and student engagement (visits and calls)
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of existing and emerging issues within the region through information networks at a regional, state and national level;
- To have excellent time management skills
- To maintain strong record keeping
If you meet the criteria and have the required experience in a similar role we would like to hear from you.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales