Update day: 27-09-2023
Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Full Time
MEGT Australia (Ltd) make’s apprenticeships and traineeships happen! In proud partnership with the Department for Human Services (DHS), we are looking for caring, compassionate, and motivated candidates to complete a traineeship, as well as developing a career as a Disability Service Officer. This is an opportunity to Gain experience, be paid, all whilst working towards a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)!
Successful candidates will be inducted as an MEGT Trainee and will be supporting the DHS Accommodation Services Teams, providing person-centred supported community accommodation for adults living with diverse and complex disabilities across South Australia. You also will have the ongoing support of a dedicated MEGT Field Officer
What will you be doing?
You will learn to assist people living with a disability in all aspects of daily life, this includes but my not be limited to:
- Personal Care to both Male and Female Clients, grooming, toileting, continence care, dressing and shower assistance
- Health Support to clients and accompanying to medical appointments.
- Domestic Support, washing clothes, folding clothes, mopping, vacuuming and general cleaning
- Mealtime Management, cooking, feed assistance, washing dishes.
- Activity Support: Accompanying client to a variety of outings including shopping and leisure activities
What are we looking for?
- Australian Drivers Licence
- Someone who is flexible and can work a range of hours Monday to Friday, including early morning starts and late evenings.
- Unlimited working rights in Australia
- Willing to obtain a satisfactory National Police Clearance and NDIS Worker Screening
- Fully Covid-19 Vaccinated
So, what is next?
For further enquiries, please contact Michael on 0405 145 814
Visit the I Work For SA website to learn more about opportunities for trainees, apprentices and university graduates in the SA Public Sector.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales