Category: Export / Import
Job type: Full Time
What’s on offer:
- Attractive rates of pay, currently $26.45 per hour plus relevant penalty rates
- Access to Salary Sacrifice of up to $15,900 p/a
- Access to ongoing employment opportunities within a large aged care organisation
We have a great opportunity available for a Multiskilled Domestic at our Juniper Bethshan site located in Katanning.
There is real variety in this role, as you may be required to assist within all areas of hospitality, including cleaning of resident rooms, bathrooms and common areas, laundering of linen and clothing as well as food preparation and service. All of these tasks help the team create a welcoming environment that everyone can take pride in.
This will be a perfect opportunity for you if you have broad experience and a willingness to be flexible and accommodating. A passion for your work, energy and a kind nature will see you making a positive difference to the lives of others.
The duties of this role may vary depending upon the operational needs of the facility.
On offer for the successful candidate is a Part Time position working a variety of shifts, as required, to cover planned and unplanned leave.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Provide cleaning services including vacuuming, emptying rubbish bins, dusting, wiping surfaces, maintaining the cleanliness of residents’ rooms, windows, toilets, bathrooms and communal areas
- Preparing and presenting breakfast, serving of lunch and dinner
- Provide kitchen hand services at our facility that include; preparation of food, modifying food texture, apportioning food accurately and serving food to residents
- Attend to residents’ laundry including the washing of residents’ clothing according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Ensuring bed linen is stripped, laundered and labelled correctly
- Demonstrate a high level of respect for residents’ property and privacy
- Safe use of equipment and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to Juniper’s policies and procedures relating to Occupational Safety and Health
The Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Experience in a commercial cooking environment or aged care catering (desirable)
- Experience in a commercial or domestic cleaning environment (desirable)
- Experience in a commercial laundry environment (desirable)
- An understanding of safe food handling practice and hygiene standards
- Knowledge of relevant chemicals and safe handling practices and procedures
- An understanding of infection control procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Juniper is a leading provider of care, accommodation and support services for older Western Australians. We are a values driven, community benefit organisation that excels in social enterprise for the benefit of all people. Our response to increasing need encompasses a strong presence throughout metropolitan Perth and in the Kimberley, Mid-West, Wheatbelt, South West and Great Southern regions, giving us one of the largest care footprints in Australia. We believe in celebrating life, and strive to add value to the communities in which we operate, where our staff and volunteers work to deliver our Vision and Mission.
People of all ages and cultures are encouraged to apply. Juniper may commence the recruitment process prior to the job closing date.
Unfortunately, our busy Recruitment Team cannot spare the time required to give full attention to the large volume of calls we receive following advertising. Please be assured that we value your application. You will receive confirmation via email only that it has been received successfully.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales