Update day: 15-12-2021
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAbout Us
Who are we? We are Align. We are a growing team based in Tasmania with a common vision in creating dream homes that improve the health of our planet. We are always on the hunt for builders, designers, and architects who have the same vision as ours.
Align helps its people achieve excellence by providing a workplace that is an outlet for the ones that are passionate about growth, designing and building, and changing the world. Align is not an entity, it’s a day to day experience. Our culture is that of freedom and professional responsibility. We do not measure people by how many hours they work, we measure based on how much, how quickly and how well they get work done. We have a unique culture, development, and wellness models that result in remarkable health and wellbeing growth for our team.
What do we do? We work with clients and help them to discover the joy of building a forever home. We align bespoke design-work connected with effective planning. We combine light-drenched sanctuaries and unique spaces to create healthy homes that speak to home-owners. We also work with national award-winning building companies across the state who build our designs to the highest quality. We connect our architects and builders to create the capacity and ability to establish a successful business of unique home builders for our clients.
be bold. Be brave, be curious, defy the ordinary, push harder, think outside the box.
build the future. We build to last and we build for the planet.
align for good. We seek out like-minded people whose values align with our own, including both clients and builders.
you are responsible for . . .
- Producing high quality design and construction drawings to explain concepts effectively;
- Managing and updating our ArchiCAD template and workflow and integrating an estimating solution;
- Do your part to move our business from an activity-based business to an asset driven enterprise;
- Ensuring our founders vision is well understood and executed;
- Communicate directly with the client if required;
- Setting your own clear priorities and execution plans;
- Managing selections and ensure all specifications are ready before the contract estimate is started;
- Communicating with architects and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawing;
- Logging your time daily to the project and task you are working on.
- Be involved in daily / weekly team meetings for the design team;
- Provide leadership, training, and development for new team members
- Constructively assess your, peers’ and the Company’s performance on the corresponding Assessment during the Quarterly Performance Review;
- Foster our company values.
- Chipping in with the set-up workshops or events;
- Governance / compliance / best practice in all areas;
- Implementation of new technology, apps, and software;
- Using your own phone for work calls and use of the company apps.
- Assure we are an awesome business to do business with;
- Build relationships with key suppliers, clients, and builders;
- Handle any complaints, queries, and kudos;
- Get clarity around your pitch, the problem we solve and the method and process we use to solve it.
about you . . .
- You have a Certificate IV in Building Design Drafting or Masters in Architecture or equivalent;
- You have previous experience in a design drafting and administration role; and
- You have a sound knowledge of construction detailing;
- You have a sound understanding of the NCC and relevant Australian Standards;
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD is highly regarded. However, training will be provided for the right candidate;
- Have experience using project management platform;
- You understand the Tasmanian Planning Schemes and compliance of requirements;
- You are a collaborator that builds healthy and positive relationships with colleagues and clients;
- You are highly skilled when it comes to planning / organization;
- You’re great with details and cool working under pressure;
- You are great at logistics, systems and you are comfortable in a high tech world;
- You have high standards and thrive on accountability and results;
- You’re resilient and adaptable.
the prize . . .
Check Out Some Of Our Awesome Rewards And Benefits
It is in our DNA that we exist to be up to something far bigger and more important than making money. You recognize that this is not an ordinary place to work at. Align, our design, and our building process have a fantastic reputation throughout Tasmania not just from customers, but from other building companies that are seen as the best of the best.
- Continuous learning and development through free and unlimited access to world-class quests, courses, and books;
- Flexible work schedule - work 38 hours over 9 days (long weekend every 2 weeks);
- Receive coaching to reach your personal and professional goals;
- Be surrounded by people who uplift you everyday;
- Quarterly/annual performance based appraisal, etc.
Send your application now!
about you . . . You have a Certificate IV in Building Design Drafting or Masters in Architecture or equivalent; You have previous experience in a design drafting and administration role; and You have a sound knowledge of construction detailing; You have a sound understanding of the NCC and relevant Australian Standards; Proficiency in ArchiCAD is highly regarded. However, training will be provided for the right candidate; Have experience using project management platform; You understand the Tasmanian Planning Schemes and compliance of requirements; You are a collaborator that builds healthy and positive relationships with colleagues and clients; You are highly skilled when it comes to planning / organization; You’re great with details and cool working under pressure; You are great at logistics, systems and you are comfortable in a high tech world; You have high standards and thrive on accountability and results; You’re resilient and adaptable.
Address: Davies Design and Construction Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania