Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAt GHD, we understand the inherent complexity of natural resource management issues and the challenges faced by business, industry and government in managing resources sustainably within a strict regulatory framework. We work collaboratively with our private and public sector clients to guide effective environmental management decision-making and to deliver practical and appropriate project solutions.
We are seeking an experienced Ecologist / Botanist to join our Natural Resources Group on a permanent basis.
Our team is currently spread across South Queensland with team members located in 4 different offices. This allows flexibility in your choice of location as this role can be based from any of our five South Queensland offices including Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Hervey Bay or Bundaberg. Interstate applicants are also encouraged to apply. We also offer flexible work arrangements balancing time in the office, work from home and site-based field surveys.
Depending on your specific skills and experience, this exciting role will see you involved in:
- Undertaking flora surveys throughout Queensland and interstate including verification and mapping of threatened ecological communities, regional ecosystems, vegetation communities, threatened species, marine plants and biosecurity species
- Development of rehabilitation solutions and identification and delivery of biodiversity offsets
- Provision of advice and direction regarding relevant regulatory frameworks and project approval pathways
- Maintaining relationships with clients and regulatory agencies, and leading the delivery of proposals and technical reports for clients
- Managing and delivering projects on time and within budget and to required quality standards
- Assisting in mentoring and training of junior staff.
- Tertiary qualifications in Botany, Ecology or Natural Resource Management coupled with professional experience in terrestrial ecological assessment, including being suitably qualified to undertake targeted flora surveys
- Previous experience in a similar role with a minimum of 5 years’ experience either in consulting or Local / State government
- Demonstrated skills in the development and delivery of effective ecological assessment, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Demonstrated skills in plant species, plant community type and threatened ecological community identification
- Knowledge of QLD and Commonwealth regulatory frameworks and policy with respect to listed threatened matters, RE assessments, offsetting and management.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who We Are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of energy, water and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Interested? Apply now
Contact Hennie Coetzee
T +61 7 3316 3379
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Apr 27, 2021
Address: GHD Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales