Category: Civil / Construction
Job type: Full Time
angle-right Job no: 582445
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Surveying, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Our Transport Services Construction team is growing rapidly, with ambitious goals. As such we have a newly created role for an Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to join us during this exciting phase. To be part of this results driven, professional team could be a real catalyst in your career journey.
About the role
Based in Penrose and working across the wider Auckland region, you’ll be part of a close knit team and report to the Senior Estimator where you’ll work across a range of maintenance and civil infrastructure projects valued between $5 - 25 million. Think streetscapes, bridges, roading and more.
You’ll be involved in planning the future workloads, as well working closely with our Bid team. Your days will consist of a mix of tender preparation, estimating and quantity surveying.
You’ll be involved in:
- Using first principles calculation for the preparation of estimates
- Liaising and adjudicating with sub-contractors
- Reviewing and understanding specifications and contract document
- Working with the project management team to develop methodologies for forward works
- Contributing to the development of the Northern business through identifying local market opportunities.
- Assisting in the development of relationships with internal and external customers, providing advice and solutions
You’ll also be involved in negotiation and handover, and evaluation and performance appraisal of subcontractors and suppliers - just to name a few!
Working as part of this close knit team, you’ll be flexible and adaptable to work across a variety of civil projects, and bring with you a background in roading and degree in civil infrastructure.
You’ll couple this with proven experience in the tendering process within a major contracting environment. And bring with you:
- A high degree of computer literacy including use of estimating software (ideally CCS Candy)
- A strong understanding of NZS3910
- A high level written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to work closely within a great team
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales