Category: Agriculture / Forestry / Fishery
Job type: Full Time
Salary: $30 - $35/hr
Our clients have recently expanded their family farming business. With a progressive dryland, irrigated cropping and livestock property located in the productive Riverina region of NSW. Remarkably close to Oakland’s (65kms from Yarrawonga, 70kms from Cobram and 120kms from Albury) on approximately 3557ha.
Their passion is to be an efficient, productive, and highly profitable family business for themselves, their children, and their employees. A focus on continual yet sustainable growth will see on-going re-investment into infrastructure, land, equipment, and staff as resources allow to grow the business.
Striving to provide a safe and pleasant workplace where you work with them rather than for them, they know that farming can be a tough environment with long challenging hours requiring physical and mental strength. The happiness and safety of all employees is important to them, and they will strive to make your experience positive and rewarding.
Growing high yielding dryland and irrigated crops such as wheat, canola, barley, faba beans, vetch and pastures. A mixed livestock enterprise of Merinos, Dorpers and Suffolk sheep enable them to breed, produce and sell prime fat lambs and quality wool from the Merino ewes. The business prides itself on consistently producing quality grain and livestock to meet target markets.
We are looking for a full-time employee who will be an integral part of the team. Working both closely with the owner, you will also be required to work independently at times, within a team environment and with trades or contractors as required.
It would be of benefit to this full-time permanent position to have experience in the following-
- 3 + years’ experience in all aspects of broad acre cropping and livestock.
- Experience driving an air-seeder, header, boom spray, using GPS and auto steer.
- Above average mechanical knowledge and experience including being skilled at repairs, trouble shooting and spotting potential breakdowns.
- Be able to operate and drive a truck.
It is essential to have the following;
- Good communication skills and a positive, team-focused attitude.
- Efficiency, reliability, problem solving skills, common sense, and good organisation.
- Be fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the role.
- Show pride in your work and passionate about growing high yielding crops.
- Able to manage livestock in a caring manner, move livestock with care, have basic dog skills and general common sense.
- Be neat and tidy with equipment, tools and machinery and treating it all with respect.
- Be available to work weekends and public holidays as required in the busiest times of the year – during sowing and harvest is essential.
You will be offered a very competitive salary package, comfortable accommodation, vehicle (work purposes) and allowance for training to assist you in your role.
To apply for this role, please submit your up-to-date resume, along with the contact details of a minimum two references that we can contact. A cover letter indicating why you are suited to this role will be held in high regard.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales