Job type: Part Time
Salary: ~ $59,000
Hill Street Longford
- Diversify your skillset and grow within a business you are proud to be a part of
- Work in a dynamic, flexible and fast-paced environment
- Become an integral part of one of Tasmania’s leading food retailers
- Part-Time opportunity available
This is an excellent opportunity for a florist to join our enthusiastic Longford team.
About Us ...
At Hill Street Grocer, we bring happiness through great food, fresh produce and beautiful flowers. We are passionate about giving exceptional customer service.
We are an independently owned and run Tasmanian business, whose central values of pride, passion, growth, value and family inform everything we do. We aim to delight each and every customer and go ‘above and beyond’ to provide an enjoyable shopping experience in a beautiful environment. We embrace excellence and encourage our team members to grow and succeed in a business they are proud to be a part of.
About the Role ...
An exciting opportunity now exists for a talentedflorist to join our Longford store.
We are seeking a professional who is looking for a new way to use their flair and artistry in a part-time role of approximately 20 hours per week, with Hill Street Home - a haven of flowers and homewares within Hill Street Longford.
You will enjoy a fast-paced role focusing on excellent customer service, ensuring flower and home displays are full and tidy, hamper and flower orders are filled, and bouquets and potted plants are made up for the store. You will be the first point of contact for our discerning customers, advising them on their homewares, hampers, plant and flower needs.
Your day will involve:
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing recommendations
- Creating artistic bouquets as well as special occasion, corporate, wedding and funeral arrangements
- Creating and maintaining aesthetically pleasing displays in accordance with celebration periods and seasons
- Assisting customers with all their giftware needs across Hill Street Home, including homewares, chocolates and hampers
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics
- Wrapping or gift wrapping purchases
About You ...
You will have a friendly and open attitude, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
You must also have a passion for customer service and enjoy working in a busy store where you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of retail professionals.
Flexibility to work across our span of hours, including some weekends, is also required.
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in floristry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Acute attention to detail and time management skills
- High level of energy and ability to take direction and initiative
- Demonstrate self-motivation, adaptability, drive, and efficiency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a growth mindset with the ability to learn from mistakes and continue learning
- Demonstrate strong judgement and problem-solving skills to resolve or escalate customer enquiries
- Ability to comprehend and follow company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and Workplace Health and Safety.
- Certificate 3 or other qualifications in floristry will be highly regarded but not essential.
If this sounds like you, please complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No Recruitment Agencies, please
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales