Update day: 19-12-2021
Category: Human Resources
Job type: Permanent
Your new company
A multi-award-winning, industry-leading seniors’ services and accommodation provider in the ACT. For over 65 years, our community-owned, not-for-profit organization has provided the Canberra and regional community with vibrant and luxurious retirement living villages, reliable and innovative home care, and the very best in residential aged care facilities.
Your new role
As the General Manager of Village Operations reports directly to the Executive Manager Retirement Living, Property and Development. Leading a team of 5 experienced and professional Village Managers across the current 5 sites in the ACT and NSW, you’ll be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the organisations Retirement Villages. Community is at the heart of this role.
What you’ll need to succeed
- At least 5 years demonstrated management experience, including the management of a team.
- Demonstrated high level of customer services skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of financial management experience, including budgeting and reporting.
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills including demonstrated experience in communicating with a broad range of staff and stakeholders. Skills include communication regarding sensitive and confidential issues, presentation, and negotiation
- Knowledge of legislation appropriate to the delivery of retirement living services, including the Retirement Villages Act.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to review and analyse policies, procedures and operating practices and facilitate and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership and encourage the development of better practice.
- Proficient with IT-based management and reporting systems.
- High ethical standard, is trustworthy and confidential.
- Works well individually and as a team member.
- Shows respect for cultural diversity in all communications and interactions with co-workers and consumers.
- Adapts to changing environments and demands.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, projects a positive image.
- Good attention to detail, efficiency and effectiveness.
Work health and safety:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Comply with any reasonable instruction by the organisation.
- Observe and comply with the work health & safety policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Report any identified hazards, incidents including near misses or injuries which arise in the course of your work, using the organisation’s reporting systems.
- Undertake WHS training where required, in order to perform duties.
- Participate and contribute to work health & safety practices to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ensure that workers observe and comply with the work health & safety policies and procedures of the organisation
What you’ll get in return
As the successful candidate you’ll be retained with a competitive salary package, generous organisational employee benefits and NFP sector salary sacrifice options. Beyond remuneration, this is a role that matters, you’ll be making a difference in your community, your colleagues, the residents and their families. With a progressive people first organisation supporting you to achieve incredible professional outcomes, YOU get to grow, build and maintain a community.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, contact Bill O’Rourke at Hays recruitment on 02 6112 7610, or email for further information on the application process. If this role isn’t quite for you, why not refer a friend? Also send your CV for other opportunities.
LHS 297508 #2592359
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania