Update day: 28-09-2023
Job type: Full Time
West Wyalong NSW 2671
- Above Award Wages
- Opportunity to work within a great team culture
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Progressive family owned company that is flexible to your needs
Bernardi’s are looking for a bright, bubbly and helpful GROCERY MANAGER for our Supermarket.
ABOUT THE ROLE....
The Grocery Manager is responsible for delivering the results set by the business plan objectives in conjunction with the Store Manager/Category Manager. A key aspect of this role is mentoring and coaching their team to achieve these goals. Outstanding skills in merchandising is paramount. This role usually has the dual responsibility of Store 2IC.
In this role you will be Responsible for
- High standards in visual presentation and store standards to maximise sales
- Ensure the execution of pricing, promotions & marketing plans
- Inventory management including stocktaking & ordering
- Outstanding customer service standards
- Quality and safety duties including receiving, inspecting and storing of product, whilst also maintaining date and rotation of products
- Profit and loss management, including sales, gross profit and shrinkage budgets/targets
- Personnel cost management, including rostering
- Lead and provide ongoing support, training and development for your team including performance management.
- Safety & compliance management including participation in Department audits
- Ensure accuracy of purchase orders & invoices, including placing of claims
- Be aware of & follow all Company’s procedures and policies
- Possible use of cash registers at times.
- Effective communication ensuring good relationships with Directors, Managers, Team Members as well as Contractors and Suppliers
- Ensure a happy workplace where people love to come and work.
- Other duties as required
IS THIS YOU.....?
- Well presented
- Professional and Excellent communication skills with an extrovert persona
- Customer service focused
- Understanding of supermarket best practice
- Enthusiasm to work within a team environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK SKILL REQUIREMENTS - desired but not essential
Certificate IV in Retail Management or equivalent
Exposure to retail grocery department
Sound knowledge of purchasing, ranging, and merchandising of Dept to drive sales.
Sound Knowledge in the management of wages, gross profit and waste control
Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and coach team members
Demonstrate ability to follow & execute given budgets, standards & processes
Intermediate computer skills
We are a dynamic family owned company operating independent supermarkets in the Central West and Riverina areas of New South Wales. With a focus on fresh food, our vision is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers through quality produce, everyday lower prices and by supporting local growers and businesses.
The Bernardi Group have been providing local residents of Country NSW with an independent grocery alternative since 1969, with the first store operating as a fruit market. Bernardi’s now operate large format supermarkets and employ over 500 people in the Central west and Riverina.
HOW TO APPLY....
We are not currently asking for a resume from you. Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing great working conditions, ongoing training and up-skilling to set you up in a career.
No recruitment agencies please
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales