Update day: 19-12-2021
Category: Human Resources
Job type: Full Time
Salary: $95k - $108k
$95,033 to $107,840 per annum
General Stream Band 6
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term, full-time, day work, working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible for a period of 12 months.
Please note: Other fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Human Resources - South
The Department of Health is seeking an experienced HR Consultant to join the team for 12 months. As part of the Commission of Inquiry Response and Reform Unit (COIRR), the HR Consultant is responsible for providing high-level advice and support to the Department of Health on complex employee issues relating to the Commission of Inquiry into the Tasmanian Government’s Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Institutional Settings (COI).
The HR Consultant will:
- Work directly with the Agency’s COI team to ensure all aspects of COIRR investigations are completed to a high standard and compliant with Department of Health and State Service requirements.
- Provide high-level advice, support and consultancy services to resolve COIRR matters and contribute to the objectives and strategic direction of the COI team.
- Provide quality specialist and strategic HR advice and support to the HR Manager, HR leadership group and other management areas within the Agency on a broad range of HR issues
- Manage a range of enquiries and prepare timely, quality correspondence, documentation, reports, and submissions for both internal and external purposes.
- Actively collaborate with the COIRR team and provide case-management services to determine the best course of action in managing the HR and employee relations components of complex COI matters.
- Liaise with the Ombudsman, State Service Management Office and other relevant State, Commonwealth and local Government departments and agencies on the handling of incidents and procedures.
- Nurture and maintain effective networks throughout the Agency as well as state-wide and national organisations, with the ability to influence areas of priority for the Agency.
Note: Please refer to the Statement of Duties and the Duties Specifics – Statement of Duties Addendum for all the duties and the selection criteria to address in your application.
- Relevant qualification from a recognised tertiary institution or equivalent experience in the delivery of HR services.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a HR related role.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
Identification checkDisciplinary action in previous employment check
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF): 526219 HR Consultant Band 6 (July 2021) HR.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word): 526219 HR Consultant Band 6 (July 2021) HR.docx
Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
For more information(Contact Officer)
Nikki Curtin – Director HR Management
Phone: (03) 6166 3847
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania