Category: Information Technology
Job type: Full Time
Our esteemed Federal Government client seeks an experienced Internet Gateway Engineer with a deep understanding of how to manage network devices in a secure manner, and to take initiative to rectify any issues, where appropriate.
Key duties of the role include:
- Assist Internet Services team (Gateway) in troubleshooting and managing Gateway devices and services such as Web Proxy, Email, Firewall, F5 Balancers, IPS/IDS (Intrusion Prevention / Detection), Sandbox.
- Performing wide range of activities in management and support of network services, secure internet gateway and datacentres.
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams to ensure effective delivery of technical programs and gateway projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation relevant to the Internet Gateway environment.
- Assist with maintaining the security of the Gateway environment by performing duties such as patching and hardening of platforms.
- Demonstrated experience of managing gateway infrastructure such as Firewalls, Proxy, Mail servers, DNS and VPN.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining IPS/IDS and/or Web Application Firewalls.
- Demonstrated high-level experience of working with load balancing using F5 and working with multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco networking devices such as Routers and Switches and routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Well-developed communication skills with a proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical stakeholders across business and technical areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Bluecoat ProxySG, Cisco ESA/SMA, Fortigate, FortiSandbox, Infoblox DNS.
- Experience implementing cloud-based secure web gateway (SWG) solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft IaaS/PaaS/SaaS services that may be applicable to an Internet Gateway service.
- Working knowledge of cyber security frameworks and standards, specifically the Information Security Manual (ISM) and IRAP process.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, and/or relevant industry certifications.
It is expected that the successful candidate will hold an active NV1 security clearance and be available to start mid December/early January.
If you are interested in finding out more, apply today or contact Varshain our Canberra office on 6257 8888.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales