Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Full Time
Mental Health Nurse - Graduate to Experienced
Employment Term: Ongoing – Full Time or Part Time (minimum 3 days per week)
Salary $70,000 - $113,000 + super
TAS:Hobart and Launceston
Positive Behaviour Support is a therapy approach to understand what maintains an individuals challenging behaviour and how to change it to achieve quality of life outcomes. The position of Behaviour Support Practitioner involves assessing, developing, and implementing person centred proactive strategies and working with individuals and their support teams (and wider community services) to develop positive behaviour support plans and implement therapies that assist individuals living with intellectual and/or psychosocial disabilities to improve their quality of life.
As a Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will work within your scope of practice to achieve the below outcomes:
- Undertaking comprehensive functional behavioural assessments and analysis of data to determine the participants quality of life trajectories and future potential.
- Prepare full, accurate and timely reports (particularly interim and comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans) that will assist in future planning and recommendation strategies in line with the NDIS Behaviour Support (2018) Rules and Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Build the capacity of the participant, supports and/or community members/services to understand the function of the behaviour, mental wellbeing and implement agreed proactive and reactive strategies to reduce the likelihood of behaviours occurring.
- Work in a multi and interdisciplinary model with a range of allied health practitioners to provide holistic and integrated approach to supports.
- Regularly evaluate progress and outcomes, using relevant measures, and discuss outcomes with the participant, families and/or their supports while celebrating the small wins
- Identify the facilitators and barriers within a person’s environment (attitudinal, social and physical) with meaningful and impactful goals which achieve the person’s quality of life outcomes.
- Develop and implement behavioural support plans in conjunction with participants and their supports.
- Understanding of restrictive practices/interventions and the role of the behaviour support practitioners, implementing providers and service users in thinking creatively to safely reduce and/or eliminate the need for restrictions.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Proven experience as a community Registered or Enrolled Nurse for the past 24 months (consideration for less with the right applicant)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support model
- Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN); OR minimum qualification of Graduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing (with at least 75% of program on Mental health theory or practice) (consideration for less with the right applicant).
- Full registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and have the right to work in Australia
- Willingness to become registered as a Behaviour Support Practitioner (s29 Notification) with the NDIS and maintain competency as per the NDIS self-assessment criteria (with support from the Clinical Excellence Team);
- Current National Police Check
- Working with children’s check
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales