Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Full Time
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Unit Manager Level 3
Remuneration: $124,461.54 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ268378
Closing Date: 14 November 2021
- Salary packaging is available (less tax and more take home pay)
- Be part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible work options - create your ideal work life balance
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 September 2021 and two doses by 30 November 2021 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
What you’ll be doing The NUM (Level 3 Mental Health - Emergency Departments) is responsible for the day to day leadership, guidance and line management of the Mental Health staff that work within the Emergency Departments and the Mental Health, Ambulance and Police Project (MHAPP) clinicians at Wollongong, Shellharbour and Shoalhaven.
The Mental Health staff provide mental health assessment, care planning, treatment and discharge planning for people who present in present in crisis to the Emergency Department or are being seen by Police and/or Ambulance in the community with acute mental health needs.
The NUM will lead, direct and coordinate patient or consumer care; ensure the practice of Mental Health staff is safe and efficient; maintain standards of care through continual quality improvement initiatives; lead and coordinate the Mental Health staff; and monitor and manage the business and management functions and processes of the team.
The NUM will demonstrate his/her capability through leadership, core values, skills, behaviour and attributes, namely: broad nursing experience and knowledge; understanding and acceptance that patients are the central focus of service delivery; professional integrity; ethical conduct, accountability; advocacy, enabling others; cultivation of collaborative relationships and effective team work; commitment to advancing the profession of nursing and care provision.
Terms used and their meaning:
- The term patient also refers to client, consumers, women and babies depending on the clinical context.
- The term health care team also refers to the multidisciplinary team and includes the nursing team within the clinical context.
- The term ward or unit also refers to a service, clinic or centre for which the Nurse Unit Manager is the manager and is responsible and accountable.
The way in which the purpose is expressed or demonstrated will be dependent on the experience of the Nurse Unit Manager, the clinical context and the geographic location of work. As the manager of the unit the purpose of the Nurse Unit Manager role is to:
- Lead, direct and coordinate patient care, at the ward/unit level.
- Ensure the practice of nursing is safe and efficient, while maintaining standards of care.
- Manage the business/management processes of the ward/unit.
- Model the CORE Values of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
- Position requires well developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a wide variety of stakeholders and professions
- Overall responsibility for decisions pertaining to patient care coordination and the day to day management of the ward/unit.
- Deliver nursing care that follows the principles of Recovery Orientated Practice.
- Deliver nursing care that adheres to the principles of Trauma Informed Care.
- Working knowledge of the NSW Mental Health Act, Guardianship Act and the Mental Health and Cognitive Impairment Forensic Provisions Act 2020
- Adherence to the NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (2016).
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future temporary and permanent full-time and part-time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
National Police Checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/Pages/doc.aspx?dn=PD2020_017 before employment can commence.
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required. Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
For further information visit: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Adam Bryant on
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales