Category: Education / Training
Job type: Part Time
- Beautiful learning spaces and well resourced centre.
- Well above award wages.
- Under 5km from the CBD.
About the School:
Established in 1850, St Andrew’s School is a leading and much-loved independent early years and primary school for children aged 3 to 12, based in the leafy eastern suburb of Walkerville. With a rich history and strong community, we are committed to cultivating high quality educational programs designed to support children to reach their full potential. The St Andrew’s School Early Learning Centre is guided by the Reggio Emilia Philosophy, IB and EYLF. We believe that playful learning is a fundamental right of children, which is why it is central to our Early Learning Centre and curriculum.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, skilled and passionate educator with strong interpersonal skills to lead the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) and Vacation Care programs at St Andrew’s School. This position will give you the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children and their families, each and every day. The position is 37.5 hours a week, flexible, working as a co-educator in the ELC during the day during term time and OSHC Coordinator from 2.30-6.00pm daily. During the school holidays, the position is to lead the Vacation Care program for children from 3 to 8 years of age.
Skills and experience:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care as a minimum, or be working towards a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in early childhood education and care
- Experience in a leadership position is desirable
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- Knowledge of and experience with the National Quality Framework
- Working knowledge of National Quality Standards assessment and ratings process
- Strong ICT skills, including competence in the Microsoft Office suite and an understanding of the Childcare Management System
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and lead a small, dynamic team
Culture and benefits:
- Well above award wages
- Innovative learning environments where you can build strong pedagogical practice
- Friendly and supportive leadership
- Professional development opportunities
Applications including cover letter and CV in one document in Microsoft Word only should be addressed to Lauren Robertson quoting reference JO-2112-5768. Telephone enquiries are welcome on 8100 8802.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales