Update day: 21-12-2021
Job type: Full Time
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
We are searching for a customer focussed Passenger Attendant to assist with the service environment onboard our long distance Traveltrain services to ensure a high standard of service. Ideally you will be someone who is safety orientated, leads from the front and thrives on dealing in high pressure situations.
Your customer service experience will be invaluable as a team member with onboard staff to ensure that the highest standard of service is provided consistently and safely. Your ability to deal with conflict with customers in an objective and professional manner is a necessity in this role.
This position is based in Bundaberg and generally works on the Electric Tilt Train and Spirit of Queensland services. In this role you will be required to work a variety of shifts which includes weekends and public holidays.
About the role:
• Assist in the delivery of customer service in all areas of the trains operation.
• Ensure that occurrences affecting the comfort of customers, or inconveniencing customers are rectified where possible and communicated to the appropriate area where necessary.
• Ensure the well being of customers by checking the cleanliness of the train and the operation of all facilities at regular intervals taking appropriate action to rectify any faults.
• Carry out proper Queensland Rail procedures by checking and comparing passenger’s ticket with Reservations manifest.
• Ensure loading and unloading of passenger baggage is carried out as well as performing other duties as required by the Supervisor.
• Have great customer service skills suited to the tourism, transport and hospitality industry.
• Substantial oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
• Have sound skills in identifying, analysing and resolving problems.
Mandatory qualifications required prior to applying for the role:
• Food Hygiene
• Responsible Service of Alcohol
This is a permanent full-time opportunity with a salary of $58,841 + super + applicable penalties.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Passenger Attendant (1512) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm 16th of August 2021.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator appon your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone callor a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2.While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Tanya Anderson with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania