Update day: 30-11-2021
Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Full Time
ACM Healthcare is working on behalf of a commonwealth government agency to source 2 X Community & Peer Advisors. we are specifically looking for veteran peers
The role of Community and Peer Advisor requires someone with lived experience of mental health issues and Australian Defence Force (ADF) service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner, or widow/widower). The position entails using one’s lived experience to respectfully support and educate clients, consumers, and stakeholders about strengths-based, recovery-oriented practices and community support services.
The Community and Peer Advisor will work collaboratively within a regional Community Engagement Team to provide direct support to Open Arms clients. The position will also work with key internal and external stakeholders to influence a recovery approach to service delivery for veterans and serving ADF members and their families, and in doing so foster wellbeing.
- In line with policy and procedures, provide personalized peer support services to current and former ADF members and their families
- Where appropriate, share knowledge gained through one’s relevant lived experience and recovery to promote awareness, understanding, and service improvement.
- Role model behaviors that promote mental health recovery and wellness for the purpose of client, community, and stakeholder education and engagement.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Open Arms’ Clinical Practice and Governance policies and Accreditation.
- Participate in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, strategic direction, and quality improvement, particularly in relation to community engagement activities
- Collaborate with Community and Peer Advisors and Community Engagement Coordinators both locally and nationally, including participating in and contributing to a peer work Community of Practice.
- Participate in regular supervision, training, case conferencing and case review meetings.
MANDATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Lived experience of mental health issues and ADF service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current serving or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner or widow/widower).
- Willingness to undertake relevant training and professional development, including completion of certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supporting veterans and/or their family members and promoting recovery orientated behaviors
- Experience in casework or other human services delivery
Jess on 0404 576 374 to discuss this role further or inquire about our other positions available. Alternatively, email Jess directly at
Catherine on 0449 535 457 to discuss this role further or inquire about our other positions available. Alternatively, email Catherine directly at
Whywork with ACM (Conditions Apply*)
- Free EAP Program
- Potential to pay your gym membership
- Potential to pay your work travel
- Leave and Unpaid leave options
- Pay your AHPRA or Car Registration
- Agency Mandated Wellness day off - ON US!
- ACM Healthcare Paid Birthday Leave!
Tel: 1800 GO 2 ACM (46-2-226)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
click on the ’Apply for this job’ button below.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-01-2022🌏 Rockingham, Western Australia
⏰ 22-01-2022🌏 Bunbury, Western Australia
⏰ 22-01-2022🌏 Perth, Western Australia
⏰ 25-01-2022🌏 Bunbury, Western Australia
💸 $44 - $100/hr⏰ 22-01-2022🌏 Perth, Western Australia
💸 $90k - $100k⏰ 24-01-2022🌏 Rockingham, Western Australia
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bunbury, Western Australia