Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Part Time
Promote the wellbeing of residents and support a home-like environment with your cheerful manner and high quality service.
About the Position
We are currently looking for casual Personal Care Workers to join the team at Toowoombato provide a range of high-quality services to residents within the facility, including their individual physical, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs.
As a Personal Care Worker, you will support a safe home-like environment, and encourage physical and social independence whilst safeguarding the dignity and privacy of the residents. You will be required to cover both planned and unscheduled leave, across weekdays and weekends so flexibility is essential.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues.
Each day is different in this rewarding role, and requires our successful candidate to be experienced in Aged Care and focused on providing Personal Support Services. To not only offer a fantastic attitude but also a dedication to the following:
- Providing quality assistance with a range of daily activities
- Supporting residents with self-care including bathing and dressing
- Assist with spot cleaning & general tidy up duties
- Involvement with social and recreational activities
- Supporting the elderly and comfortable working within professional boundaries and guidelines
- Providing emotional, social, and spiritual support to residents (including residents living with dementia)
- Being enthusiastic, compassionate, and personable
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the confidence & capacity to contribute to care plan documentation
- Committed to harmoniously working within a team environment
- As per the Commonwealth Government guidelines all residential aged care workers will be required to have had the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and receive their second does by 31 October. As such we will require all new employees to show proof of vaccination.
You will need to be available for all shifts, AM, PM & Nights.
You will be required to hold a Certificate III or IV in Aged Care (or similar), and a current National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A chance to work close to home, and make a difference within your local community
- Experience in a family-focused Aged Care facility, under a supportive manager
- Consistent and ongoing opportunities to learn, grow and develop skills
- The balance between work, life, study, and other commitments with casual hours
- The opportunity to work with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within a growing industry
- Salary Packaging available - opportunity to increase your take-home pay
What happens now? Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Personal Care Worker with Anglicare SQ. If you are successful in progressing to the next stage, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment (after the closing date) and shortlisting will take place soon after.
For further information please contact
07 4687 3700
We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales