Update day: 30-12-2021
Category: Health / Medical Care
Industry: Civic & Social Organization
Job type: Full-time
Due to growth in the Hunter Region, we are looking for a Physiotherapist to join the team at Early Links.
Early Links is an Early Intervention and Disability Inclusion Support Service offering support for people of all ages with a disability in the Lower and Upper Hunter regions.
Joining Early Links
Early Links is an Early Intervention and Disability Inclusion Support Charity offering support for people of all ages with a disability in the Lower and Upper Hunter regions. But we’re so much more! An organisation passionate about supporting inclusion and independence for our clients, we have grown significantly in the past 5 years. We are as passionate about looking after our staff as we are our clients, and have a vibrant, energetic and caring culture as a result.
- Competitive pay rate
- Vibrant and supportive culture
- Not for profit Salary Packaging
- Paid Lunch break
- 7.5 hour days
We are looking for a Physiotherapist who is passionate about reaching the best outcomes for our participants and their families. The role will be based in our Kurri Kurri Office however you will need to be willing to travel to our Muswellbrook twice a week.
As a Physiotherapist you will:
- Employ a holistic approach to supporting families and children to achieve outcomes
- Work within a collaborative team, with other health professionals (i.e. Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapists)
- Supporting families to navigate the complexities associated with family life
- Develop programs, goals, and documentation
- Maintain contemporaneous progress notes
- Carry out assessments of and intervention with children across a range of settings
- Engaging in family centred and strength-based approaches to early intervention
- Work in partnership with other services that support children and families
- Work closely with families, carers, educators, doctors and other health professionals to support children with developmental delay, at risk of developing a developmental delay or who have a disability
- Provide consultancy support
- Maintain quality documentation, record keeping and reporting functions
- Maintain professional knowledge and procedures required by funding bodies – NDIS/Medicare
- Model billable target attainment and monitoring
To be successful in the role you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Interest in Paediatrics
- Post graduate experience with a paediatric case load including an ability to conduct assessments for children is desirable but not essential
- Proficient time management and organisation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Able to build and maintain positive, effective relationships
- Be an excellent communicator
- Ability to work with complex clients and situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a Transdisciplinary team
Please note that this position will require you to have a Working with Children Check, NDIS worker screening check, First Aid Certificate (including CPR), Driver’s License and reliable car. If you don’t currently have these that’s ok, but you’ll need to have them before you start.
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you!
Please attach your resume and cover letter by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Address: Early Links Kurri Kurri, New South Wales, Australia
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania