Update day: 28-09-2023
Job type: Full Time
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
The Insurance Business Unit (IBU) provides high level technical advice and service on complex premium related matters to ensure that Victorian employers are paying the correct amount of premium via an independent review process. This role will also work collaboratively across the IBU to assist and support the development of programs and projects in a challenging environment.
About the role
The Premium Review Officer provides technical advice and service on insurance premium related matters and formulates considered and well-reasoned decisions regarding employer objections of premium calculations and penalties, as well as decisions relating to insurance clam acceptance matters. The key responsibilities are to:
- Conduct extensive and detailed reviews of premium and claim related issues for employers to formulate well-reasoned decisions;
- Liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders throughout the appeal process;
- Identify emerging operational and policy issues affecting the WorkSafe premium system;
- Assist the Premium Services Officer in supporting our WorkSafe Agents on premium collection and financial delegation related matters; and
- Prepare high quality written Ministerial, Chief Executive, Executive and Director briefs and correspondence as required.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying legislation.
- Ability to research and analyse information collected to inform your decisions.
- Previous experience working with limited guidance and who proactively shares information with your colleagues.
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to converse with a variety of personnel from across WorkSafe and key external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in law, accounting and/or economics (including post-graduate studies). Alternatively (or in addition to) you will have significant and equivalent work experience.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
Applications close 11:00pm, Tuesday 21st September 2021. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Katherine Bray on 03 4243 8895 or via email
WorkSafe Victoria plays a critical role in the lives of Victorian employers and workers - as the state’s health and safety regulator and as the manager of Victoria’s workers compensation scheme. In both capacities, employers and workers are at the heart of our service.
Our aim is to keep all workplaces healthy and safe, and to deliver high quality care and treatment when workers are injured.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales