Update day: 27-12-2021
Category: Architecture / Interior Design
Job type: Permanent
Salary: $130k - $140k
Are you a Senior or Principal Planner looking for that next exciting step in your career?
Looking to work in an idyllic location earmarked for substantial investment and growth?
Your new company
Our client is a dynamic, local, highly respected planning consultancy, based in Newcastle, specialising in various development projects, including land and industrial development, social and community with involvement with residential, tourism and education sectors across Newcastle, The Hunter, Sydney and Regional NSW.
Your new role
Your new role as Principal Planner will see you lead, manage and oversee significant projects, aligning the team across complex jobs that will be shaping the Region and its future. You will enjoy working as part of a team where a strong and supportive culture in the essence and where consistent development and growth are encouraged. Our client is open to candidates being based out of Sydney.
Your responsibilities in this Principal new role will include:
- Taking the project from initial scope to client delivery
- Preparing fee proposals and submitting tenders
- Creating a strategic development plan for all projects
- Building and maintaining professional relationships
- Liaising with various stakeholders, including Govt sectors, landowners and developers to ensure desired completion of projects
- Full budgetary control of projects liaising with all relevant stakeholders to ensure ongoing adherence to plan
- Working closely with planning staff providing guidance and support as required
- Working on a varied portfolio of iconic projects
What you’ll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Planning and more than 10years’ experience as a planner
- Currently hold or be working towards registered planner status with PIA
- Previous experience leading projects through SSD or working on State or Regionally significant projects preferred
- Well developed leadership skills and extensive experience working in a similar lead role
- Strong technical understanding of NSW EPA and legislative processes
- Skills in environmental impact assessments
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
What you’ll get in return
- This role offers so much for the right person.
- You will receive a competitive Salary with paid overtime
- Support and assistance for professional development and study opportunities
- Flexible hydrib working arrangements
- The chance to work with a team of valued and passionate professionals
- Membership to PIA
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ’apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Staci Baird now.
This is an exciting opportunity with an outstanding company that doesn’t come by very often. Please do not delay in submitting your application.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Staci for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2596348
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania