Category: Civil / Construction
Job type: Full Time
Ballarat Base Hospital Redevelopment Project
Ballarat Health Services is undergoing $541.6 Million redevelopment of the Ballarat Base Hospital. The redevelopment will deliver a new emergency department, a women and children’s hub, state-of-the-art theatre suite and an extra 100 inpatient and short stay beds. A new and expanded critical care floor will bring together operating theatres, procedure rooms, an expanded intensive care unit, endoscopy suites and consulting rooms – delivering capacity for an additional 4,000 surgeries every year.
Once completed, the upgraded hospital will have the capacity to treat at least 18,000 more emergency patients and an extra 14,500 inpatients per year. The redevelopment will be completed over multiple stages. Construction of the final stage is expected to be completed in 2027.
We have an opportunity for a Project Director to lead our redevelopment phase.
Reporting to the Executive Director Redevelopment and Infrastructure, the Project Director will be responsible for leading, developing and coordinating a multi-disciplinary team, focused on high performance, accountability and project excellence for the implementation and completion of the BBHR project on time and within budget.
This role will confidently represent BHS in negotiations between the Department, Contractors and other key stakeholders and will resolve complex issues through a process of consultation.
This position will assist and/or deputise for the Executive Director in working with the VHHSBA as they deliver this capital project, providing support, advice, facilitation and review as required.
Employing around 4,300 staff, BHS’ mission is to deliver quality care to the communities we serve by providing safe, accessible and integrated health services resulting in positive experiences and outcomes. Our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Compassion and Accountability are central to our organisation and this role in delivering our outcomes.
A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour and is one hour from everything – one hour to the beach, one hour to the mountains, one hour to the snow, one hour to Melbourne.
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in architecture, building, engineering, construction, business management, health related field, or a similar discipline.
- Significant experience in the planning, functional design and design delivery of complex infrastructure projects, ideally in a multi-stakeholder environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in compliance, with oversight on governance, risk management, financial management and administration.
- Demonstrated leadership experience operating at a senior level in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience in change management in capital infrastructure environment.
- Project Management qualifications would be highly regarded.
- Prior experience in the successful delivery of high value health projects within a Government setting would be an advantage.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated understanding of structures, clinical services, operational flows and complexities within a healthcare environment would be highly regarded.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to resolve complex and highly sensitive operational issues.
- Project management: demonstrated achievements in managing projects with multiple partners and stakeholders; produces detailed project plans where objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified; capacity to synthesise project status and provide timely reports; monitors performance against objectives and manages project risks and issues.
- Formal Presentation:Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Strategic Planning:Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Planning & Organising:Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Facilitating Change:Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Work on site (Base Hospital) with the ability to work remotely if required.
- Reliable transport and the ability to work between various worksites.
- Leadership Disposition
- Work Standards
- Stress Tolerance
- Driving or Results
- Building Strategic Working Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Communication:Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Resolving Conflict Helping others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
- Negotiation: Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
If you feel that you are suited to this exciting opportunity, applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e-recruit portal. If you have any further enquiries please contact Melanie Robertson, Executive Director- Redevelopment & Infrastructure on 0476 232 236.
All applications must be submitted online.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check and Immunisation Clearance.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales