Update day: 19-12-2021
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAbout Us
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We’re here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
As a technical QA in our feed and data processing squad you will be responsible for
testing, fixing and evolving our data processing pipeline. Your role is to use your
problem-solving skills to improve and grow our product at scale.
One of the most critical technologies you will be working on is our categorization
engine based on regular expressions. So your years of experience with python and
regular expressions will help you excel.
In This Role You Will
- Improve and scale our categorization engine based on regular expressions
- Investigate why a particular piece of data did not pass the validation test
- Write and maintain test suites
- Work hand-to-hand with another technical QA
- Work with remote and local engineers
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Identify and remediate pain points in the application lifecycle
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and
- 4 years+ experience with Python development
- 4 years+ experience with Regular Expressions
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that’s okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
Address: Zip Co Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania