Category: Production / Operation
Job type: Full Time
Salary: ~ $100,000
Hill Street Cambridge (Kitchen/Butchery Operations)
- Use your Quality Assurance and Food Safety knowledge in a new role
- 2 days a week, part-time role (around 0.4 FTE)
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Become an integral part of one of Tasmania’s leading food retailers
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Qualify Assurance professional to apply your skills in a quality-focussed production facility, manufacturing and processing products sold primarily in our Hill Street stores and under the Wursthaus brand.
About Us ...
At Hill Street Grocer, we bring happiness through great food. We are a team that is passionate about fresh food and giving exceptional customer service.
We are an independently owned and run Tasmanian business, whose central values of pride, passion, growth, value and family inform everything we do. We embrace excellence and encourage our team members to grow and succeed in a business they are proud to be a part of.
About the Role ...
An exciting opportunity now exists for a talented QA Professionalto join our team in a part-time role within our kitchen and butchery operations at our Cambridge site. You will work as part of a small team to ensure production and quality processes, equipment, and the working environment are all conducive to producing high quality product within a fully Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) compliant environment.
You will enjoy a fast-paced role focusing on the highest standards of quality and hygiene, ensuring the production of consistently high quality meat, smallgoods and prepared foods within a well-equipped manufacturing facility.
Your day will involve:
- Monitoring production activity to ensure that appropriate methods are employed and that due care is taken in order to meet customers’ requirements.
- Coordinating the company’s Quality Management System, quality documentation and records.
- Implementing, updating and maintaining the quality manual.
- Ensuring the company complies with regulatory requirements to pass a third party audit to maintain a meat processing licence.
- Conducting the required testing of meat and cooked meat products.
- Communicating to the Area Manager, site employees, store employees and logistics regarding quality documentation and production records.
- Coordinating action on customer complaints.
- Conducting staff training regarding Quality Assurance practices, Food Safety, good manufacturing practices and HACCP.
- Ensuring all HACCP plan verification activities are complete.
- Managing equipment calibration.
- Carrying out product testing (review test records, follow up and implement corrective actions on any adverse test results).
- Completing HACCP plan Internal Auditing.
- Maintaining the company’s approved supplier program.
- Coordinating with Team Leaders to ensure product storage, maintenance and rotation activities are upheld to the highest food safety standards to avoid any damage, wastage or quality issues.
- Minimising and recording wastage and rejected product.
About You ...
You will be experienced in Quality Assurance in another food manufacturing organisation and be familiar with all aspects of Quality Assurance practices, food safety, good manufacturing practices and HACCP.
You must have a love of meat, smallgoods and fine foods and be committed to delivering uncompromised quality of product to our customers. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment where you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of food professionals including chefs, cooks and butchers and enjoy communicating and providing support and guidance in the area of Quality Assurance across these teams.
This role is part-time, two days a week (around 0.4 FTE) within the Monday - Friday span. Some out-of-hours or weekend work may occasionally be required.
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Recent, relevant Quality Assurance and food safety experience (essential).
- Food Safety qualifications (essential).
- Good computer literacy to learn and apply new systems accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrated excellence and proficiency in written and verbal English and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Supervisory experience in a fast-paced environment (preferred).
If this sounds like you, please complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No Recruitment Agencies, please
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales