Category: Production / Operation
Job type: Full Time
At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our NSW Processing and Logistics team at our Port Kembla manufacturing facility as a Rail Operations Leader. Our Port Kembla manufacturing operations is a fast-paced site that processes up to 2.4 million tonnes of steel per year.
Reporting to the NSW Processing and Logistics Manager, you will lead a small team through a period of transition over the coming months. In this key leadership role, that impacts the safety of our people as well as the quality and reliability of our equipment and products, you will lead, motivate and develop our high performing team to meet and exceed our customer needs in this time of transition.
What Will You Do?
While leading your team and having a direct impact on the delivery performance of BlueScope Australian Steel Products, this role will see you:
- lead the team through a significant transition of changing key rail providers over the coming months and build positive new relationships in a multi-vendor supply model
- foster an inclusive work environment and provide coaching and mentoring to the team
- maintain strong relationships with suppliers, customers and other key stakeholders - collaborate with our carrier partners to ensure continuity in delivery of exceptional outcomes for our customers
- ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPS), statutory requirements and audit requirements
- identifying improvement opportunities and foster a continuous improvement environment
More About You
As an engaging leader, focused on cultivating your team to deliver creative solutions to complex problems, you will bring:
- previous involvement in an operational, manufacturing or logistics environment
- experience in building collaborative teams and coaching them to achieve manufacturing excellence targets
- a strong commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience
- the ability to work with ambiguity and constant change in a fast-paced environment
- demonstrated capacity to drive change and business improvement
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Sunday 22nd August 2021
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales