Category: Transport / Logistics / Warehouse
Job type: Full Time
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate metro, train, bus, ferry, light rail, road and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the team
The Infrastructure and Place division is in the process of delivering a once-in-a generation multi-billion dollar program of public infrastructure works which will ease congestion, improve safety, create new places and connect communities for generations to come. We are dedicated and passionate team that is proud of the work we do and the supportive and flexible team culture we have built.
The Technical Services Branch provides specialised engineering services for the multi-modal delivery, operations and management of our Transport network, and is the centre of technical expertise driving innovation and best practice.
Due to the unprecedented scale of investment in the Transport for NSW Future Transport strategy we have a permanent full-time opportunity for a Registered Land Surveyorto be part the Technical Service’s team.
The Registered Land Surveyor in the Engineering Services Section leads a Survey Party responsible for the delivery of surveying services and provides project management in order to meet target and objectives of TfNSW projects being delivered. This is a rewarding and challenging role supporting various large high profile large scale infrastructure projects. The role provides technical advice and SME input working alongside internal and external delivery partners.
The role will be based in Newcastle and will service the Hunter region. There may be varying hours and site locations. Staff will have access to TfNSW pool vehicle for work use. The role will provide excellent development opportunities within the wider group.
What you will be involved in
• Ensure the effective completion of survey projects by utilising appropriate methods, actively participates in project meetings and team briefs to ensure projects are completed according to agreed time, scope and quality criteria.
• Contribute in compliance with TfNSW regulatory and statutory requirements and improve work efficiencies by verifying the application of specifications, standards & procedures and participating in quality improvement processes
• Contribute to infrastructure projects by providing survey services and technical advice to project development teams in the investigation, development and/or construction stages.
• Contribute to timely and cost effective product delivery by letting, administering and auditing of professional service provider contracts.
• Ensure compliance with WHS and environmental legislation by internal surveying resources and survey service providers to TfNSW.
• Support the Senior Surveyor and the Manager to maintain a motivated, skilled, innovative and continuously improving workforce by aligning personal development opportunities to TfNSW business objectives, providing constructive feedbacks on performance, mentoring less experienced staff and disseminating information to survey assistants, client and industry.
• Contribute to sound decision making for project development and progression by advising project managers on the control, collection, interpretation, presentation and application of surveying and spatial information and promoting TfNSW survey systems and procedures to external surveyors.
• Provide certification of cadastral measurements by ensuring compliance with statutory and BOSSI requirements.
You will be a self-starter, an autonomous operator, who proactively takes the initiative to establish effective relationships and solve problems. You will possess strong communication skills and attention to detail, and be able to manage multiple cross-functional priorities with conflicting deadlines. Proficient multitasking, organisational, teamwork and planning skills are key.
Key Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in the provision of cadastral surveys, surveying technical advice and management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge and application of modern technology and software related to surveying practices and procedures.
• Ability in developing innovative solutions to technical problems
• Knowledge and application of relevant legislation, management systems, specifications, policies and procedures related to surveying practices and procedures.
• Registration as a Land Surveyor in NSW
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
Salary and Benefits
USS Grade 9 ($114,601-$ 123,199) per annum plus overtime/penalties, superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 22nd August 2021.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Francisco Roca Risso at
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us ?
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales