Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Permanent
Salary: $75k - $85k
Your new company
A not-for-profit organisation that provides a broad range of human and social services on Palm Island. They are involved in the development and management of a range of community enterprises. As an Aboriginal Organisation, they are committed to community control principles and protocols of self-determination through the provision of whole-of life services for people of the Island that reach across generations.
Your new role
You will work in a team of Health clinicians and be responsible for the provision of community and primary child health nursing, and program management that focuses on the prevention, early detection and management of health problems. Key responsibilities:
- Work as a member of the multidisciplinary Children and Family Centre team
- Manage the Maternal and Child Health component of the Palm Island Children and Family Centre in accordance with the Service Agreement and company policies
- Provide community education services including Breastfeeding and nutritional education
- Coordinate referrals to external allied health services
- Maintain professional training and registration requirements
What you’ll need to succeed
- Must be eligible to hold a Working with Children and Young People (Blue) Card.
- The applicant must hold a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence (a current driving licence must be maintained throughout the period of employment).
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with APHRA (Australian Professional Health Registration Authority) Registered with the Nurses Board (RN)
- Previous experience working as a Clinical Nurse.
- Experience in implementing, delivering and evaluating child health programs that promote wellness and informed consumer participation.
- A qualification in Child Health and Immunization Endorsement highly desirable.
What you’ll get in return
- Salary will be negotiable based on experience, initial remuneration is between $70,000-$85000
- FIFO and accommodation covered by the client
- Rewarding community work
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ’apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2549662
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales