Update day: 20-04-2022
Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Full Time
Salary: $90k ~ $98k
- Join a vibrant team in an exciting period of expansion and growth
- Multiple positions available – Full Time, Part Time and Casual considered
- Further your career with support from dedicated educators on the ward
Barwon Health’s Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Services is rapidly expanding & seeking Registered Psychiatric Nurses (Grade 2) to join our acute inpatient team.
Our Swanston Centre is currently undergoing significant development, including a new High dependency unit, to better service our community and consumers. Apply now to start building your mental health nursing career at a supportive and forward-looking service with a culture of curiosity.
About the Geelong Region
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal and suburban
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the facilities
Barwon Health Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Service is entering a new phase of co-design of our service system with people who access our services and our wider community. This will build on our nationally recognized unique cultural approach to the challenges of recovery oriented service delivery to redesign our service system.
The Swanston Centre is a 32 bed acute psychiatric admission unit providing recovery orientated care delivery for people aged 16 and over, experiencing the effects of major mental illness/distress.
Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that value client centeredness, holistic care, accessibility, family inclusiveness, best practice, and ongoing professional development. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships within our wide range of clinical programs. We have developed excellent partnerships with the local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
About the role
You will provide high quality, best practice direct delivery of psychiatric treatment and care to consumers within the Swanston Centre. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will deliver consumer focused care and provide assessment and planning to meet the needs of consumers and their family/carers.
Please note we will be contacting candidates for interview prior to the closing date of the advertisement.
About the culture
Swanston Centre is an enthusiastic, energetic and focused team who work cohesively together. We promote positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. Our teams are focussed on providing the highest quality patient centred care.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development pathways, access to education and dedicated educators in the Swanston Centre
- Doorstep to the beautiful Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Please contact with any queries in relation to this role or your application.
This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health Immunisation Policy.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales