Category: Production / Operation
Job type: Full Time
Safety Lead - Heathwood Chilled and Frozen Distribution Centre
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of Australia’s biggest supply chain network
- Work for an organisation that provides essential service to Australia and our communities
- Play an integral part in our Primary Connect purpose of “We connect communities with the products they need and love”
- Support the implementation of an integrated safety management strategy and system across for the new site
- Help the site team in achieving a step change in their Safety performance
- Support the new Heathwood site go live
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Heathwood Chilled and Frozen Distribution Centre
Construction is now well underway for our new Heathwood Chilled and Frozen Distribution Centre (HCFDC). Located in Heathwood, Brisbane HCFDC is the latest distribution centre being added to the Primary Connect Network. The 42,000 sqm temperature controlled 24/7 facility - equivalent to more than three times the size of the Suncorp Stadium playing field - will enable fresher, faster and more efficient deliveries of around 4,000 frozen and chilled products to more than 260 stores across Queensland and northern New South Wales.
Responsibilities of this role will include, however not be limited to the following key areas:
- Implement policies and processes to minimise risks and to achieve compliance
- Implement, maintain and improve Safety & Health programs, systems, tools and training to support compliance
- Monitor and identify actions resulting from the incident management review process
- Taking care of own and colleagues health and safety through identification and reporting of hazards and an active involvement in improvement initiatives
- To lead and support Operational Managers with positive strategies based on proactive analysis of information, leading and lagging indicators & culture survey results to promote a positive and resilient safety culture for team members, visitors, customers and contractors
- To liaise with key stakeholders internally and externally in the event of a Category 1 or 2 incident to share investigation outcomes, provide appropriate communication, prevent recurrence and mitigate further liability
- To foster the value of inclusion of safety considerations and controls in all management processes to champion a safety culture and a safe working environment
- To manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring ongoing regulatory and legislative compliance. Applying sound judgement and decision-making based on facts and verifiable evidence, professional knowledge and practice
- Contribute to the Supply Chain SWE governance program by conducting the first line of defence audits and supporting close out of any non-conformances
- Comply with safety policies, procedures and role responsibilities as defined in the Supply Chain Safety Management System Procedure
- Including supporting external benchmarking activities and in analysis of such data
Who we’re looking for
Together with demonstrated experience in a similar role, we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Ability to build strong relationships across the site and with internal & external stakeholders
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- General administration experience and skills to the capacity to undertake work with a high degree of accuracy
- Maintaining continuous learning through affiliation with industry groups & legislative updates.
- Ability to manage self & others to complete recurring work & special projects.
- Time management and project prioritisation skills.
- Effective communication skills including written & spoken.
- Ability to build relationships and be persuasive with regard to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate leadership within all aspects within the scope of the role.
- People skills in servicing and influencing others
- Experience working within a hands on safety role
- Formal qualifications in a related WHS/OH&S area
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales