Category: Agriculture / Forestry / Fishery
Job type: Full Time
Vegetation Link specialises in brokerage of biodiversity services between parties permitted to clear native vegetation and landowners who protect and manage native vegetation as an offset. The position of Senior Consultant Biodiversity Offsets will engage with landowners to source biodiversity offsets to supply the State and Federal offset markets. The position will include the following activities:
- Liaison with key environmental regulatory authorities: DELWP; DAWE; TFN; Local Gov.
- Understanding ecological research into matters of national environmental significance listed on the Commonwealth EPBC Act
- Work with leaders in academic research fields relevant to conservation biology and understanding the strategic management priorities of threatened species conservation.
- Networking with private landowners to secure the protection of native vegetation of high conservation significance.
- Supporting landowners through commercial negotiations with Approval holders.
- Facilitating the process of registration of Deeds of covenant with Trust for Nature and S69 covenants with DELWP.
- Strategic advice to landowners on flora and fauna conservation; offset site compliance; and the biodiversity offset markets.
- Business development of offset management and monitoring systems and services to ensure landowner compliance and engagement with State and Federal government regulators.
- Representation of Vegetation Link at academic conferences and professional industry meetings.
- Biodiversity offset market analysis. Matching offset supply to market demand. Negotiating on behalf of landowners on all commercial terms through the process of offset site approval, establishment and registration.
- Participation in relevant professional development opportunities including pro-atively seeking out and taking advantage of training and development opportunities.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales