Category: Information Technology
Job type: Full Time
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate metro, train, bus, ferry, light rail, road and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About IT at TfNSW
TfNSW’s IT group provides the tools, information and services that enable 30,000 employees to deliver a smart and efficient transport network. We bring the future to our people by delivering innovative solutions and minimising business disruptions, building an engaged and connected workforce through tech-enablement. This is an exciting time to join the team, with a committed annual investment of $700m for progressive technology projects including bots, apps, AI solutions, autonomous 3D mapping drones, cybersecurity and transforming cameras across our network.
Great new permanent, full time opportunity for Senior Manager Finance to lead a team in establishing appropriate financial frameworks that provide accurate and timely financial status and information. The role provides key business functions for the effective management of Corporate IT, including the planning and delivery of Corporate IT management reporting, forecasting, analysis, budgeting, and monitoring of agreed efficiency gains to optimise the financial capabilities of the Division in the delivery of key business outcomes.
The role manages relationships with various internal and external stakeholders and ensures that the services provided meet benchmarks, service level agreements and expectations.
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
The role will:
- Ensure sound financial management for Corporate IT, including planning, budgeting, reporting and control which covers an Operational budget of ~$ 50+m million per annum.
- Highlight financial status and propose and implement improvement initiatives to the broader Corporate IT leadership team.
- Provide advice to the Director and Chief Information Officer to ensure strategic performance and improvement plans are informed by robust data and analysis, ensuring a sound evidence base for strategy and business cases.
- Establish and implement a consistent and transparent approach to the financial management of projects and programs, embedding this into the ways of working with ongoing support, guidance and training, to ensure that consistency, quality, value for money and rigor is achieved across projects.
- Participate and provide expert advice for Corporate IT budget planning, performance and reporting by the establishment of a regular cadence of progress reporting to senior stakeholders on the status of key initiatives and performance goals.
- Promoting and embedding procurement practices into the ways of working across Corporate IT.
- Provide leadership to team of 4, develop the team’s skills, monitor performance and strive for best practice.
You put people at the centre of every decision you make, and draw satisfaction from the knowledge that you’re making a real difference working on services that connect people and communities in NSW.
You will demonstrate:
- Significant knowledge of management, analysis of financial performance, optimisation of strategies (especially in regard to their impact on costs and expenditure), planning and performance enhancements in a large, complex organisation.
- Understanding of best practice industry trends to deliver quality technology services to diverse business stakeholders across Corporate IT clients.
- Significant experience in the development and implementation of governance, risk, assurance, and reporting frameworks, especially related to Financial management
- Strong capabilities in building effective stakeholder relationships, developing trust and influencing with integrity.
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service Manager role (salary range: $177,139 - $197,392 package). Starting package will be determined with the successful candidate.
For more information on employee benefits please click to view a copy
How to apply
To apply for this position, please answer all questions within the online application process and submit a resume.
Applications Close: 11:59pm Saturday 16th October 2021
?We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options. ?
For any enquiries, please email Christine Stenzel at ?
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us ? ?
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales