Update day: 28-09-2023
Salary: $70k - $120k
About Mackay & Bowen Basin
Located in tropical Central Queensland, Mackay and Bowen Basin is a hub for great lifestyle and industry (mines and ports). It boasts tropical islands, exceptional outdoor and water based facilities. Mackay and regions remain proudly free from the effects of Covid-19.
In contrast to other industries and states, this company has grown during the Covid-19 pandemic. This is an established and expanding engineering consultancy providing services to mines, ports and heavy industry. They provide high quality engineering solutions to blue chip & ASX listed clients. Their specialist engineering support services maintenance and upgrade projects and this provides a consistent base and growing workload.
This could be the ideal opening to get your foot in the door in the mining industry, or get further established with mines and ports projects. Join a strong and growing professional consultancy with a growing pipeline of “blue chip” work, where continuity of work and career growth prospects are here for the taking.
Multiple opportunities exist for Site Inspectors to work on a variety of ports, mines & heavy industry projects. With a mix of site and some office-based work, you’ll use your structural engineering inspection experience to help long-term clients manage the structural integrity of major materials handling assets.
Apply your inspection skills in a hands-on manner through identification of structural defects with direct and tangible impact on the structural reliability and safety. Typical structures include conveyors, transfer towers, surge bins, bridges, offshore/marine structures, shiploaders, stackers/reclaimers & dump stations. This is an opportunity to obtain a vast amount of practical experience across multiple sites and apply your experience in providing engineering solutions to interesting structural integrity problems.
We are seeking energetic inspection personnel, and you could be from ANY of these backgrounds:
- Structural, mechanical or civil - site engineer or project engineer
- Structural, mechanical or civil - drafter or design drafter
- Construction Inspector or similar
- NDT Technician
You must be keen to be actively involved in inspection of major materials handling structures. The key prerequisites are:
- A positive & pro-active attitude to work with a strong work ethic
- Strong verbal, aural and written english communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and safety focus
- Demonstrated inspection experience (or desire to undertake site inspection work)
(1) Junior Inspector (0-5 years) with some site inspection experience (or looking to gain hands on site inspection and heavy industry experience), or
(2) Experienced Inspector (5-10 years+) demonstrated site inspection experience. You’ll have responsibility for inspection and reporting on the structural integrity of heavy industrial and materials handling structures and equipment.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Degree, Associate Diploma or related accreditation in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Structural steel & concrete inspection experience
- Experience with hands on site inspection work
- Inspection exp. with heavy structures, & materials handling equipment
- Some knowledge of steel, concrete, wind and materials handling codes (advantageous)
- Well developed verbal and interpersonal skills
- Solid report writing skills
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- Be physically fit, able to work at heights and confined spaces
- Reliable, punctual and conscientious
For Senior roles you’ll manage proposals, schedule work, liaise with clients and oversee the work and completed reports. RPEQ status is desirable for the Experienced Site Inspector role (but not essential).
This company boasts many long standing employees and high staff retention. Join a close knit team, define your future career and influence the growth of this exciting business. An attractive salary package will be negotiated depending on your experience. Relocation assistance (if required) can also be provided.
These opportunities go quickly, and are available for an immediate start. Enquiries can be made in the strictest of confidence to Neil on 0410313840.
How to Apply
Please address the selection criteria in your cover letter and register through the Apply facility below. You must be an Australian resident to be eligible for this opportunity. Applications close Friday 1st October, 2021, or once positions are filled, so get in early!
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales