Update day: 31-12-2021
Category: Education / Training
Job type: Full Time
Bauple State School are now accepting applications for a motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic Small Schools Business Manager to join their team on a permanent, part-time basis 0.34 FTE - 25 hours per fortnight. As the Small Schools Business Manager you will be responsible for the effective and efficient administrative management of the school by providing corporate services and administrative support to the Principal. You will work within well-defined guidelines to provide advice and offer solutions to key stakeholders on business related problems (e.g. human resources, finance and facilities management) and have responsibility for autonomously delivering on priorities, seeking expert advice, adapting processes, problem solving and providing solutions according to clear outcomes with regular guidance by the Principal.
Position type:Flexible part-time
Occupational group:Education & Training
Workplace Location:Wide Bay
Job ad reference:QLD/NCR383654/21P
Yearly salary:$21599 - $23967
Fortnightly salary:$827.90 - $918.68
Contact person:Jessica Chin
Contact details:(07) 4193 8222
Access the National Relay Service
About the school
Bauple State School is a small, community based primary school located approximately 35 kilometres south of Maryborough in the North Coast Region. Our staff work collaboratively to support all learners in achieving “only their best”, recognising the diverse needs of individuals and providing an inclusive and engaging environment. The school is an integral part of our small community and at Bauple, the staff will know your child’s name, their strengths and areas for development. It takes a community to raise and educate students and Bauple State School has a firm foundation for this growth of its students.
About the role
As the Small Schools Business Manager you will have responsibility for, but not limited to the following:
- Operate autonomously to undertake day to day office procedures within well-defined policies (e.g. reception, arranging appointments, correspondence, maintaining school records and general administration)
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations), identifying workforce capability requirements, and role modelling performance standards.
- Oversee the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, and arrange relief for school support staff, and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Assist the Principal with the preparation of the school budget and administer day to day financial matters (i.e. accounts payable/receivable, corporate card monitoring, reconciliations, banking), input and export data to/from OneSchool for the Principal, to assist with budgeting and financial management.
- Arrange technical support/maintenance as required with regard to the operation of computers, ipads, digital whiteboards, scanning and other technology/equipment.
- Prepare minutes of meetings, policy documents, reports, forms, newsletters, prospectuses, memorandums, examination papers, class notes and school Annual Reports; draft, check and process correspondence, with guidance from the Principal concerning correspondence of a non-routine nature.
For a full list of the responsibilities for this position, please refer to the attached ’Role Description’.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed’ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania