Category: TV / Media / Newspaper
Job type: Full Time
The nib Newcastle Knights are an Australian professional Rugby League Football Club based in Newcastle, New South Wales. The Knights compete in Australasia’s rugby league competition, the National Rugby League (NRL) premiership. We are owned by The Wests Group Australia, Newcastle’s owned and operated (not-for-profit) membership-based organisation. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional entertainment, accommodation and dining venues across our five clubs and three Hotels, as well as state of the art health clubs.
At the nib Newcastle Knights, we live and breathe our core values: Compete, Selfless, Humble and Respectful. We strive to embed these values into our everyday actions and language, fostering a ‘team first’ attitude and a deeper connection with the greater organisation.
About the Position
The primary function of this role is to monitor and record the club’s internal and external sporting performances to assist in improving on-field capabilities. Using designed statistical principles and techniques, this role will require collection, organisation and interpretation of performance data to report on areas of improvement. In order to perform the inherent responsibilities of this position, the ideal candidate must also possess strong IT skills and experience with IT asset management. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Accurately recording all skill-based sessions and games;
- Using statistical principles and techniques to collect insightful sporting data;
- Interpretation of performance data using statistical methodologies;
- Thorough editing and record-keeping of video data to ensure it is easily accessible by coaching staff;
- Streaming of live video feed on game day, providing coaching staff with replays and clips to show players during and after the game;
- Troubleshooting game day telecommunication hardware;
- Routinely updating and servicing all IT hardware and software;
- Generating detailed statistical reports and analyses for coaching and recruitment staff that are specific and appropriate for the staff member’s requirements; and
- Identifying trends in the data to assist either coaching staff when preparing for a match, or identifying potential recruitment targets.
The ideal candidate will have professional Rugby League experience in a similar capacity, exceptional communication, demonstrable computing skills and proficiency in analytical software. A keen understanding of statistical methodologies is essential in order to accurately report on collected data. Candidates with tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent as well as an undergraduate degree in a sport-related field are highly preferred.
What We Offer
In return the nib Newcastle Knights can offer you dynamic work environment and excellent employee benefits including discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply
To submit an application, please visit
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales